How much luck can 1 guy have!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by deerhntr22, Jun 5, 2009.

1. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Of course...I was planning on driving down from Greenville and putting the boat in at Marion, or Moultrie to do some weekend fishing. My wife is expecting our 2nd and the due date is next month so this was going to be my final trip down to the lakes til she tells me its ok again.:eek:oooh::tounge_out: Needless to say that I fire my boat up (its a older boat) to make sure its running before I go anywhere, and wouldnt you know that the water pump went out...the alarm sounded and now its waiting on a part that wont be in til next week...So...does anyone have a suggestion on some bank fishing spots...I might not even go, with luck like this Id probably catch only 1, and it would be a gar.:crazy:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Well with all the money you are going to save by not going, you could call Chris Simpson(Fightindablues in the guides section) and he could take you out on Greenwood or Moticello. If I remember correctly you said that where wanting to catch cats locally instead of going to Santee all the time. This would be a great time to have a guide show you some new water and techniques. Chris is the best and takes the time to teach you anything you want to learn. Worth every dime!:wink:

3. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    I might try that in the future...everytime I go to Santee I think I might have the possibility for a State record...always keeps me fishing for just a little longer...:big_smile:

4. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I agree with Droptine Chris Simpson is well worth the money and I strongly beleave u always got a shot at state record at monticello

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Brian, what's the latest day you can "escape" from the house without the wife killin ya ?

I haven't been out at all cause I've been workin some so I cant say where to go yet. Depending on work and if I make it out with pop pop next week I'm fishing pretty much no stop if I can. I have the in-laws side of the family visiting all week and I plan to not be home, LOL.

I hate to see a man down so your welcome to come get your feet muddy with me ; ) Especially since you wont be fishing much for awhile, I know you wanna get out there.

I'm gonna be gone today but Pm me if you can fish on a weekday. It would be a night time trip only cause them cats hide from me during the day.

A trip with Chris is always a enjoyable trip. I forget what he looks like cause I aint see in in awhile, LOL , but he is a really nice guy ; )

-Jim-

6. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks Jimmy, I shot ya a PM..:big_smile:

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    know what u mean brian I went out yesterday to check my boat and run it to see if I could figure out y it ran rough the last time I was out, well while it was running I removed the cover and saw water coming from the intake gasket. upon further inspection found a hole about the sive of a quarter in the intake. dont know what came loose to bust it but I suppose I am grounded alittle longer than you are.