How much is in the Drawer - I want a new rod

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ronnycl, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    Just as an idea for a new rod n reel. I sat down this evening and started cleaning out my change drawer and I 'm at $102 with just silver and still counting....maybe the wife will let me get another rod n reel!!!

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Its a good start. Now after 22 years of marriage I know that most women keep a mad money storage some where. Now the trick is to find it and "borrow" some of her silver. Just dont get caught and if you do offer her payback with interest. Not that I support deception but when it comes to fishing gear sometimes the end justifies the means. What kind of rod and reel you looking at getting? Good Luck

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    :evil-big: I know that's right !

4. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    I thinking abouth the abu 6500 c3 with a basic rod.

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

That wouldn't be a bad choice for a pile of change.

Ray

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Many choices, but look at the CAMAXX at BP Shops before you lay the cash down!! Worth the money in my book and you may get 2 for the amount you currently have.

HOPPY4

7. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Hmmm!!! Never thought about my wife having a stash. Beter start looking before she wakes up.
    I want the new Team Daiwa Lunar reel for my pike rod. :rolleyes:

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Hmm, guess I need to check the gun safe, in a couple of compartment in their I have put alot of change. Maybe not enough for a new rod and real, but definately enough for some tackle.

9. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS,( FOR GAS FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP) TRY OL' WHISKERS CATFISHING SYSTEMS RODS BY HI-TECH. YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM FROM CATFISH CONNECTION. THEY COME IN SIZES FROM 7' TO 12' FT. FOR LESS THAN 20 BUCKS EACH YOU COULD BUY A COUPLE OF THEM. AS FOR REELS I PREFER SPINNING. CABELAS KING KAT IS CAPABLE OF DRAGGING IN 50 lb-ers. IT IS ALSO AROUND $20. I ALSO USE OKUMA'S AVENGER SERIES SPINNING REELS. THEY ARE A BIT MORE, BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY. DON'T FORGET TO BUY NEW LINE AND NEW HOOKS BEFORE YOU GO! IT SEEMS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE HAVING TOP NOTCH EQUIPMENT READY FOR THE FIRST CATCH OF THE YEAR.

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Over a hundred dollars in change!:blink: I would have to go out to the gentlemens club if I found some change laying around like that!LOL I'm already ready for fishin this Spring so that's what I'd do with the money.:eek: Good Luck Fishin with the rod and reel ya get!

11. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Me and my friends saw this new rod called the All-Star rod. That would be the rod i would suggest. I dont know what reel you would want.

12. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Either a Cat Maxx or Ugly Stik would be good.