How much HP in White River below Beaver??

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Liver Slinger, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Liver Slinger

Liver Slinger New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I want to Catfish White river between Beaver Town & Beaver Dam, say put in at Housemans Acess :0a23:.

My 14ft. V bottom has a 6hp. & a 55 lb. thrust TM. Do I have enough HP? or will I :0a20:???

Thank You
    Ron

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I haven't fished there in a while but you should be okay. Ya mite check with the corp. and find out what the generation schedule is. Thats a nice landing and parking lot. Good luck and bring back a report.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    you have enough horsepower. i fished the beaver tail water this past saturday. the average depth i saw was 15 ft deep. there is absolutely no place to wade fish the river right now. i suspect the catfishing will be better from beavertown down to the arkansas state line. from the 62 highway bridge to the dam is a no wake zone. the river mileage is aprox. 7 miles. the bigger trout and walleye are falling for crankbaits trolled from the boat. i put to gether a limit of under 13 inch trout in about 20 minutes bait fishing. generation is on demand from the power company at the present time . this translates to if it's hot there probably generateing. even if you are only targeting catfish a trout stamp is required to fish from the houseman access to the dam. hope this helps.