How much green do you go through to fish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Flatheadhunter33, Sep 19, 2008.

How much do you spend?

1. 0-$200

2. $300-$600

3. $700+

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    With the price of gas added to the rest of the money we spend on licenses, gear, snacks, price of parking and so forth, Im sure that I have spent more money to get out fishing this year than I probably ever have:crazy:.

Im not really complaining though since I have had some great times out on the water. Just wonder how much everyone else is coming out of pocket to do what we love so much?!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dameon,I quit thinking how much it cost me a long time ago,now if I have enough gas to go ,I go,take my jug of water an tough it out.

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Got to go with Richard on this 1, don't even want to think about it, just 1 thing is that per week, per month or per year:embarassed::big_smile: dang i could have spent the smaller amount in a day:crazy:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I bought another boat this year and 5 new reels and rods, and LOTS of gas. definitely $700+ for me. I do have it down where I can fish about three times on six gallons of boat fuel. Cost about $12 of truck fuel each trip. It's nice to have friends to split costs with when possible. Tourney tomorrow on the Pee Dee. I hope I report back tomorrow evening with a win and new PB. :wink:
    BB in SC

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WayWay to much I'm not stopping now:eek:oooh:

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Why worry about it I would spend it some where else

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, way too much to think about,,,,,,
    I have a 4 hour drive to get to where I like to fish....
    But, what the heck else are you gonna spend it on???? Food and Rent??:wink:

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am in way over my head lets see for me to got my hole the wall one tripp I figure in gas for the boat20 bucks for a tank and I can run 7-8 runs on it up/back in the boat then add 5-20 on freshments when I get in nutter 5 on out freshments oh..Van/tow ride 5- 10 every trip:crazy:..evrey trip upto 50 bucks or better . Thats cheap compared to some of you all that have to drive distance I am out the door hooked up and in my hole fishing within a half hr or so the Sipp is less then couple miles from the back door:wink:then you want to talk bout the 250.oo dollar fishing rr plus the 150.00 model...womens gear ....kids... boat ....other equiptment sh%t several thousand invested....hobbies and passion are very costley but worth every penny!:wink:I aint done either we been talking bout getting a loan fer another boat too eithe a toon or plate:roll_eyes:Hey its just dead presidents and you cant take em with you (LOL)

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i like to go out for 2 days at a time, to make it worth my while. I dont worry about the cost. there are other things i could do to save money. I used to worry of the cost of fishing, until i realized how much my bar tab was every month. so bye bye beer and hello fishing

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think I come out ahead, when I take into fact that fishing is a great release of tension, a great way to relax, personal time, time to think and etc. Money isn't everything. Like someone else said I would spend it on something else anyway.:big_smile:

11. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I voted in a pole like this some time back and reported that I spend over $4000.00 Annualy. I just look at it like this, I'm saving a fortune in psychiatris bills. lol

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I am in about 3000.00 right now or better, I make my own sinkers and catch my own bait, and it still adds up!!!

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I will second thet!

14. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    hey you could probally cut down on cost if you catch that monster that was pulling your boat around and get him to pull your truck from fishing hole to fishing hole lol lmao hahahahah :wink:

15. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Not sure how to answer: do I include the cost of my boat and gear? Just to hook up what I have and go to the river for the day, it only runs about $25 to $35. If I start trying to divide out the cost of the boat and all, then ... I don't even want to think about it.

Thing is, I don't think about it as optional. If I didn't go fishing I'd end up crazy and divorced, so that would be even more expensive...

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Not to worry brother, Im still gearing up to get back out there!

17. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    whatever you do get a camera take a pic if you can we have got to see that beast :wink:

18. FISHSKINNER

FISHSKINNER Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Mike
    I really can,t put a number to it. My wife might find out:crazy:
    let,s just say I have too much invested to stop now

19. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I don't know, let me get out the calculator. :smile2:

20. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'm lucky enough to have a river within a 1/4 mile of me ,also 2 nice lakes within 10 miles so gas hasnt been a major thing although its still way to high i generally get my tackle at yard sales or online auctions so i'm definetly in the low end of things