How much garage door clearance is needed?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Bream baiter, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm planning to get a new boat sometime in the next few months. The boat that I'm thinking about getting is 89 inches wide and my garage door opening is 93 inches. Do you think 2 inches on each side is enough clearance if I push the boat in by hand?

2. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    we put equipmennt in tighter holes than that. just go slow and have some extra eyes around. good luck!

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I like your attitude: Get as much boat as you possibly can. LOL I would think you would be allright with that size. Just be careful.

4. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Garage clearance? You don't need no stinkin' garage clearance!

(see attachment!)

Attached Files:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    it can be done but it will take some extra eyes. my dads is like that but he has to use the truck to back it in. sooner or later you will rub the door casing. be careful

6. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    There you go Matt.:p Fit the garage to the boat,go ahead bream do the same.lol;)

7. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Talk about a coincidence. I just bought a new boat, and I have the exact same problem. My new boat has a package width of 89" (85" beam on the boat), and I have 93 1/2" wide garage door (to the outside of the weather stripping). I hope you guys are right since I am picking the boat up on Saturday. I keep my old boat in a shed now and probably don't have muct more that 3 or 4 inches on each side. I can back that boat in pretty quickly, but it took a lot of practice. I think at first it will be pretty difficult, but once the kinks are worked out and a routine is set up it will go fairly quickly.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    LMAO... I can only imagine the explanation to the wife about that ROF....

".. Look honey, I made you a new flower pot stand!" .....

9. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    hey matt smith now thats what im talking about had to look and see where you were from. sure looks like what us wv ians would do. :cool: