how much fuel to go from truman to bagnell dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Stickbender@work, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Stickbender@work

Stickbender@work New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a friend wanting to travel from Truman to Bagnell and back in a 24' pontoon, 120 horse motor. Was wondering how much fuel it should take. Also is there a map showing where he could get fuel on lake?

2. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    BE CAREFULL.... Thats some big water for that boat depending on the day and time.

3. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For putting in at Taberville and going all the way to Clinton by the country club there a few years ago. I don't know how much gas we used but we slept on the boat three nights. Mom drove the truck up and got us on the Monday, we had left on a Friday morning but hell we didn't use much gas till Saturday. Dad had four of them tanks on the boat; I don't remember how big they are but that pontoon couldn't have been no bigger than what you're taking.

Hell that time we figgered we'd never get that boat back up outta that same ramp anyway so we had already planned on a whole weekend of drifting. Wasn't the first or the last time we done something crazy like that but it was the first time we went all the way from Taberville to Clinton via water.

4. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's totally different water and traffic than we had when we used to do that on Truman