How much fuel do you use?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by okiekrawler, Jun 4, 2006.

1. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i am running a 1648 grizzly with a 88 johnson 25 hp. with 2 people and gear i used approx. 4 gallons in about 12 miles total. doesnt seem to do as well as the merc 25 i had. i was just wonderin what you guys get for fuel mileage.

2. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Rodney, I run a 90hp merc on a 24ft pontoon , at todays prices i think i get about 1 mile per dollar. if all three bait tanks are full of water, it might be less,but who cares when you're catching fish..........hu...:lol: .

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I have run lots of different motors from 5 to 225 hp. The one I use the most now is a 84 model 150 Merc. I haven't really checked it but one thing I've found to be true with all of them is you can just about double your mileage by backing off the throttle from wide open to about 3/4 to 2/3. Mine is maxed out at about 5400 rpm by running it at 4000 it will go twice as far on a tank of gas, 40 miles an hour vs 50+. Weight also make a huge difference in mileage on a boat, every pound you can leave out helps, I've got to where I don't fill the gas tank much over 1/2 full unless I really need it to save weight, boat runs better and goes further.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    My tracker does real good on fuel 18 foot bass boat aluminum with a merc 60 I can normaly go a couple of times when I run the big lakes wot if I go to the one lake with the 10 mph limit I can go 6 or 7 tmes no problems my new ranger I can use 60 gallons in a two day tourney on most lakes.

5. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    160 miles up MO river,from Nodaway island ramp to sandpipper marina Omaha. Used 50 gals, not bad for a marinepower 350 V8 320hp:001:

6. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    here's a photo of motor

Attached Files:

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have no clue. No gps and it's hard to see the mile markers on the river at night. If I had to guess between 4 and 6 mpg. Then agan 99% of the time i'm boating on a river. So that hurts my gas mileage. I have a 50hp merc on an 18 foot boat.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Mark you wern't drinking no barley pop up there at sandpipper marina now were you? that's a neet place. Bigcatman0816.:big_smile:

9. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I know u don't want to make a wake goin in sandpipper or he won't sell u no gas.But at the anchor inn I sure did some painkillers and rum runners.:beat_plaster:

10. AllenM

AllenM Guest

14' aluminum boat with a 9.8 HP 2 stroke here. Bought it with almost a full 6 gallon tank last year and topped it off before going out on my first run in it. Ran it about 4 or 5 trips. I think I still got a full tank!! ROFL!!!

11. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    16' Alumacraft, 35hp Evinrude, can usually run about 12 to 14 up or down river and return to ramp on about 4 or 5 gallons. I usually burn 4 to 5 gallons per trip.

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    2072 War-eagle with a Suzuki 140 4-stroke avarage 8 MPG now if I stay at 4000 RMP I can get that all the time. That is crusing at 32+ MPH
    17'7" Wareagle with 25 hp yamaha4-stroke 4.5 MPh but does not have enough motor on it. Will upgrade the motor on this one in a year or 2. It rated for a 50 hp and next time It will have a 50 on it.
    Pete