How much does land cost in your area?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattracker16, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I was just wondering how much land costs in your neck of the woods? i myself have found a 18 acre plot of land with lots of treesand a small creek running through it. looking at $2500. an acre in eastern iowa.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    man they sale it here by the foot.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    In this area anywhere from $5 to $15 thousand an acre. :sad2:

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Better jump on it. Depending on location here, but the avg. a couple years back was 12 Grand an acre. Probably higher now. Make sure it perks if applicable there.

5. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Next door is going for 12,500 an acre.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    two acre lot around here will run $150,000 to $200,000. And along the river where I guide there is 23 acres listed for 12.5 million when I was there thurday it had a sold sign on it.

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Around 3,000 an acre for farm land and wooded acreage goes for alot less unless it is loaded with hardwood. Small parcels of building sites go for 5,000 to 10,000 acre. Know someone who paid 9,000 acre for 27 acres.

8. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    4 grand an acre for farmland, for a city acre for building anywhere from 10 to 250 grand. Lakelots in MN run about 60 grand for 4-6 acres.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    There is still mountain land here for $1000-$2000 an acre. I missed a good chance a few years ago when Georgia Pacific sold off some timber land. One parcel was up the dirt road from my house with 275 acres on one side of the road and 365 acres on the other, right on the top of the mountain. It went for less than $800 an acre. A friend of mine bought some land on top of another mountain for back taxes. It has a 100 year old 2 story chestnut log cabin, a three room board cabin, two barns, five springs, and 27 acres. He paid $14,500 for it.

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i was just out looking today at lake tillery here. found a lot at the lake with a older wood sided house look to be 1600sq ft. asking 399,000.00 for it. i got the 000.00 now i just need the 399 to go with it. most farm land here starts at 10g an acre. developers are buying up the big farms and making developements out of them. they sell the lots off for 50,000.00 to start. big money in this but it takes money to make money. i dont think you can give too much for land because its going up all the time.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    A neighbor of ours has 44 cres for sale just South of I 70 up by Wright city,Mo. It's going for 21,000per acre. Some parts of that area goes for 32,000 p/a. Your price up there don't sound too bad.

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Around here it depends. If you're buying you can't afford it, if you're selling nobody want it.

ST

13. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    about 10 thousand an HALF ACHRE in the nicer areas

14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here in West Cetral Ohio , rolling or flat farmaland that is decent will got for about 3000 /acre and top notch farmland will go for 4500 /acre for a plot the size your looking for, if its really hilly, its worth less, if its flat and wooded, its worth less, if there is the slightest chance it could be used for a house lot, Id expect that 25 acres to go for 125-150K, if there is already a house on it, say an older farm house, then your looking at 175-200K.

If that parcel has lots of frontage and zoning permits it, where it could be subdevided then you could get upwards of 30-50K/acre

I just last fall bought a 9.3 acre parcel of mediocre pasture and slight woods, appraised for $3010/acre but the idiot next to me tried to sell me his landlocked 10 acre field for 100K, ( yeah right, apparently I live next to some really smart folks.....NOT)

Salmonid

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Farm land around 5k. Depends on soil type. Regular lot for a home around 10k or more. On the lake @ lake level I saw 1 1/2 acer lot 4 sale asking price 169,000.
    I don't live on the lake for that reason. LOL
    Bill

16. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I just bought 2.35 acres for $17000 with an acre and a half pond on it.
    We are putting our new home there . I thought the price was high but from what I see for other places it is cheep. Anyway it is what we wanted.

17. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Right around this part of the country it will go for around 1000 to 1500 an acre. Some have 1 acre lots for sale for about 3 grand. The more you buy usually the cheaper per acre it gets.

18. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    They just sold 2 acers right next door to me for $22,500 a acer.

19. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    You best jump on that land while you can at that price. However if you want some nice land in Fl. I know where you can get a 5 ac. plant/tree farm 250,000 for the land plus est. plant/tree value at 150,000 total 400,000 CASH!

20. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    `how Much You Got