How Much Body Jewelry Is Enough

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    My wife and I were out at the the Walmart store several months back shopping.We went to a hamburger bar in the store to get a burger.There was young girl and boy sitting at a table talking.My wife ask me if I saw all the jewelry the girl had in her face. She had rings in her {lips,nose ,check,eye brow,all around both ears,tounge,belly}.She had enough jewelry in her body to stock a good size tackle box.I think there was a good bit of over kill.
    :wub:

:cat:

2. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    My opinion, anything more than a watch and / or wedding band is too much. If you have to remove your face to get through the metal scanner at the airport... it's way too much. :eek:

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    well i myself dont like all that stuff find it rahter stupid to be honest. My daughter came home when she was 16 with a nose ring so I walked over grabbed the dog leash and cliped it to her nose ring and said lets go for a walk needless to say she never wore one again. my x wife she tons of garbage like that on her face and body hmm no wonder she aint remarried 50 years old trying to act 15.

4. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Maybe I'm just getting old.

A few years ago, a young man (loosely stated) showed up at my front door asking to see my daughter. She was about 17 at the time. He had so much metal in his face, ears, neck, and lord knows where else, I asked if he didn't fall in the hardware bin at Home Depot on the way over. Don't know if it was me, or something I said, but he didn't come back.

Folks are gonna do their own thing, but I think they need to be sensible about it. We ain't in some tribal ritual!

Dennis

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im pretty young and I agree with you all. All those body piercings is just dumb. I dont see a point and it just looks stupid I think. I hate piercings and tattoos, but that is just my opinion.

6. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I'm a relatively heavily pierced guy myself. It's kind of a hobby. I used to do piercings for a living. I guess I took it too far when they told me I had to think like a fish. :)

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I do have a lot of tats if I could go back in time I wouldnt have any. but its kinda late now. as for the hardware the some have i just dont understand it any. Before I got remarried I went on a date with this one gal her tongue was pierced and had some hardware in it needless to say I was glad that date was over fast lol. just aint my thing :p

8. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Josh,

I guess if you can put up with my tatts, I can look past your studs... lol

Mike

9. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I myself don't wear jewelry except for my wedding ring and I do that because of my committement to my wife // plus if I didn't my wife would think I was having an affair. I think a nose ring and a few earrings in the ear are O.K. especially on some people--however I do believe alot of people go overboard and just make their body a piercing board. Also I do believe that people purcieve those with piercing all over as a rebellious or drug addict individual, I don't believe in it myself or think it's the best thing for the body--however I try to treat everyone the same and give them the benefit of doubt, I do XRAYS and I see quit abit of it in the ER.

10. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a couple tatts and the place where I go has a sign above the counter that reads:

The only difference between those that have tattoos and those that don't is that those that do, don't care that you don't.

I guess the same could be said for peircings.

It's not my bag, but it's also not my place. To each his own.

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I personally don't have ny piercings or tattoos. However, my wife has her ears (normally) pierced, her tounge pierced (I actually like that), and a tattoo on her ankle.

If they are kept in good taste, I don't mind piercings. But when you have more visible piercings than you have fingers on 1 hand, I think its a bit much.

12. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Yeah I wouldnt do it nor would i want my kids dating someone with "excessive" piercings. Same goes for tattoes. I find a single stud nose ring sexy on the right girl, if shes got 20 piercings on her face i think its a bit overboard, but if its what they like let them do it.

I dont think some of these people are thinking about their future though. Do you really wanna be 60 years old explaining to your grandkids why your ears droop down to your shoulders lol.

13. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I don't like facial piercings at all. However, I can appreciate a nice navel piercing on a good looking woman.

14. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If God had wanted us to wear that much metal. He would have made us into a metal detector.