Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Well, filleted, cats bring $3 to $4 a pound. Not cleaned, they bring $1 to $1.50 a pound. Sale of catfish requires a commercial license. Some pay lakes pay big money for big cats. Certainly if that issue comes up as your intentions, you will be chastised off the BOC. BTW: Welcome to the BOC from South Carolina.

Bill in SC

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
i dont like the idea of paylakes but have wondered myself...what do those guys pay to make it worth it?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I dont think there are any places around here that buy fish, I may be wrong though.
If someone is wanting to buy a big fish I sure hope it was one that was raised entirely in a fish farm. Id think that the cost of food to get a fish big would be more than anyone would be willing to pay.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I don't know about price,but the idea of taking public property(the catfish from public waters) and selling them to a private pond owner so that only he and his friends can enjoy them is sickening. How would people feel if someone went to a public park and uprooted trees and kids playground equipment and then sold it to the highest bidder(yeah they would go to jail). But,we are talking about something owned by everybody,and most states have laws against the selling of wild game,so if your selling our fish for a profit,I hope you end up in jail,and so should the pond owner who is buying these "black market" fish. If they want big fish they can buy them from a licensed hatchery and raise them up themselves.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hey Don, commercial fisherman sell wild caught fish by the mega TONS.... and they do it legally... so now, how do ya feel about that?
It's what catfish rescue is about, and it's also a battle we're having here in Indiana right now... and also a topic that has in some form or another gotten me in trouble more than once.

·
Registered
371 Posts
this is from one stocking place here in ohio. so here is ther prices tht i know of for a few things

Bluegill 3"-4" $.99 Each $89.00 Per 100
Bluegill 4"-6" $1.29 Each $119.00 Per 100

Hybrid Bluegill 3"-4" $.99 Each $89.00 Per 100
Hybrid Bluegill 4"-6" $1.29 Each $119.99 Per 100

Redear Sunfish 3"-5" $1.29 Each $119.00 Per 100

Blue Catfish 5 lb-14 lb $2.75 Per lb
Blue Catfish 15 lb & Up $3.00 Per lb

Channel Catfish 5"-7" $1.19 Each $99.00 Per Hundred
Channel Catfish 2 lb-8 lb $2.00 Per lb

Flathead Catfish 5 lb-14 lb $2.75 Per lb
Flathead Catfish 15 lb & Up $3.00 Per lb

Largemouth Bass 5"-6" $2.99 Each
Largemouth Bass 7"-8" $3.99 Each
Largemouth Bass 8"-10 "$4.99 Each

Black Crappie 4"-6" $1.99 Each

Fathead Minnows 1"-3" $10.00 Per lb

Golden Shiners 3"-6" $13.00 Per lb

Common Carp 20 lb & Up $1.75 Per lb

Common Carp 1 lb-80 lb $1.75 Per lb

White Amur Grass Carp 10"-12"$14.99 Each

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
yeah that was on the river (Mo),been lots longer on lakes. And all flathead,blues and channels have been on the sport or game fish list for along time,right where they belong. Now I'm hoping they do a slot limit on flats and blues,with the best breeders protected and only one over that size allowed,by the way I went and signed your petition,and left a comment,it's a good cause that needs attended to.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts