how much are bait nets?

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by Dogfish, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

And how big are they?

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Depends on what your definition of a "bait net" is... I have a 3½ foot cast net I got at Wally World for less than $20. You can get them in various sizes. I started with the smallest till I get good at throwing it...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows. (Epictetus)

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    3.5 ' - 10'

a good throw net can cost anywhere from $20-$100+ depending on size materials and quality

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    When you get your only net hung up on the bottom at the start of your trip, it is worth a couple of hundred dollars. When you have caught about every shad in the river/lake and haven't had a bite, they are not worth a thing. That is the way life goes. LOL

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    there really not that expensive in the long run ive now got four of them but you will soon learn that a larger net catches lots more bait i started with a 3 footer now i use a four but if i thought i could throw it id only use an 8 footer but being 5'7 i can just barely manage the four but you do get better at it with practice

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I get all of mine for around $25 at Wal-Mart, I usually get a 6 or 7 footer. If you go to a Wal-Mart that sells a lot of saltwater gear sometimes you can find the saltwater cast net which is a lot heavier and usually catches more bait since it sinks faster.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i have a 10' mono i bought at dick's sporting goods for $27. iv repaired the holes in it twice and it needs it agian iv had this net 6 months i keep it in the boat in a 5 gallon bucket that has holes in it this allows the net to stay dry so it will last longer , when you tear holes in them lay them out on the ground and stitch them back together with 6# line , its cheaper than buying a new one

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Before you go off to buy one of any size, check your local regulations to see what size, both diameter and mesh, is legal in your area...W