How Many??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Aug 1, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    How many old or retired bass fishermen that we have here use their old flippin rods as catfish poles??

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t even know what a flippin` rod is. LOL

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm not a bass guy, but I have a flippin' pole:smile2: that I bought, cuz I thought it would be great for cats. Other than the material it's made of, I can't tell a bit of difference between it and my Berkley E-Cat #1.

IMO, this whole species specific business has been hugely oversold. Up to a point, a fish is a fish.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have three flipping sticks and have used them before to catfish. Lots of backbone and sensitive tip.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not here,I got poles that I only use specifically for the species targeted . By the way,I dont even own a flippin stick. I just have two IM 6 graphite 6' rods I use for bass,one in a med and one in a m/h action.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I fish for channels so I use my bass rods for them also. I semi-retired my spinning gear for the moment.

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ihave 2 fliping poles that i use for channels and small flats.when i go to the big river they dont make the cut.

8. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Very good point. I am constantly looking for a deal on rods and have begun looking strictly at the lure and line weight the rod is designed for and then trying to figure out how far I could pust it. With the new teenager in the house, it is hard to find the money for the gear and the bait, but I am learning a lot here and will soon not need to purchase bait anymore. Time it is the only resource that I can not seem to manage properly to get to the water. One more week, we will be moved and the rest of that Greek crowd can leave me alone for a minute then I will be drowning and cutting bait. Yipppeeeee.

9. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i have a 7 1/2 ft flippin rod i use when i fish dip bait for eaters. my go to rods for drifting is a 6'3" xhvy musky rod from basspro