How Many Years You Been "Fishin" ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishinpals, Aug 20, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I have been fishin for 54 years and started in "Tator Creek". I remember catching creek chubs, red horses, sunfish, and bullheads. The creek seemed like a giant river at the time but probably 2 feet deep in hole and averaged 8-12 inches.

This lady is 94 and still going.
    http://www.miningjournal.net/stories/articles.asp?articleID=5786

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I am 28 now, and have been fishing since i can remember...Probably since i was 3 or 4...Used to go with my grandparents all the time

3. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i have been fishing since ooooooooooooooooooooooo '97. thats when i think i started with my dad!

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Ive been fishin for 23 years. With my Grandpa he was the most patient fisherman I had ever seen it used to drive me nuts watchin his polessit there for 8 hours without touching them. But he always caught BIG fish. Started fishing for pike and catfish before I could ride a bike.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Ive been fishing since i was seven. Started fishing in a small puplic park in the middle of town, caught mostly carp, sunfish, and small catfish. MacPherson, Kansas. fifty two years ago.

6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Golly. I have to go a long way back to remember that. I know it was before I went to kindergarden which was back in 47. Been a long time and lots of water been running under those bridges since then. I know we lived in Wichita and there was a little creek at a little town of Derby where we would go and catch all sorts of gills and bullheads. As I got older I would walk over to the Arkansas River and fish for carp mostly.

7. m1kessler

m1kessler New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was adopted at 6 yrs of age .The first time I went fishing was around then . My father and I went fishing at a pier in Florida. We caught several fish that day ,one fish I bought home and kept frozen in the deep freeze for years. I've been fishing every since I'm 31 now but will always remember that day.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Guessing around 24, been doing it as long as I can remember.

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    50 I tell you 50 years, I been fishing for half a hundred, 5 decaids. Looks like I would have caught the great fish by now. I'll keep trying

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've been fishing my whole life. It's not something I've always done serious, but I'd imagine I've been fishing for 18 or 19 of my 22 years.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been fishing for the last 63 years or so that I can remember.

My first fishing trips were down in the canyon that belong to the L7 ranch out in west TX. A family thing, we had to hide the car at the caprock and walk down to fish for mud cat in the few holes of water that were in the stream bed.

12. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I would say that I've been fishing for about 60+ years. I remember going with my Dad before I started school. I was 5 then back in Greenup county Ky. He would take use kids to Brushy Creek where we would swim some and fish some further up stream in a big deep hole. I used to go with my older brother about that same time period and walk about 2 1/2 miles to Tigart Creek and catch channel cats along with a few carp and drum.

13. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    38 yrs or so.
    at 5 i remember my dad takin me on my first fishin trip. we went to 3 mile lake behind matagorda beach. he rigged my pole and baited it and right after he turned around to rig his own pole, something hit my pole so hard and fast that the tip o the rod almost bent to the ground and instantly snapped the line. my dad didnt have much patience, and never did believe that it was a fish that broke my line and not me just playin around.

14. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have fished somewhere around 60 years. I don't remember the first time. the creek behind the barn had bullheads. I do remember my first rod and reel, I got it may 15, 1949, it came from sears. I caught my first flathead on it out of the Kansas river I still have the rod .

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well I have been fishing 55 years now. Dad took me first when I was around 5 Years old I think, can't remember for shure cause Whisky Took My BRAIN!! LOL. Now this isen't a real faifr contest I don't think! It should be Whos The Pertyest and whos got the Most Teeth then I know I could probaly WINN hands Down. Whatya Think? Can't Wait to see all you Fine Folks at the First National Gathering! I Shure Hope they will give me a four day pass from the Loony Farm!!! J.D.Straka :big_smile:

16. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Thanks guys. Looks like we have very BIG total of fishing experiernce years

17. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    30+ years, started at salaimonie lake where my parents had a year around site and fished all over the great state of indiana.

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wont swear.. but im pretty sure i was born with a fishing pole in my hand.... lol.. i cant remember when i started.. im 28 now and everything i know and use up to this day i learned from my grandfather....

19. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Approx. 594 years of experience so far

20. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've been fishin since I could cast a pole, around 3 I guess. Me and my dad went every year while we'd go camping