How many watched Path to 9/11

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Sep 10, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I wondered how many watched the commercial free 3 hour movie, "Path to 9/11" tonight on ABC. It continuals tomorrow night. This was the one that President Clinton tried to prevent ABC from showing.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Dayton,

I didn't watch TV at all today. Sorry, I'm not much of a TV fan. Since Deadwood didn't come on tonight and I've seen all of the episodes, I spent the evening with my son, then came here. Oh yeah, there was that dreaded WW trip, somewhere between 7 and 8.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. I was trying to remember when I had the TV on last.....hmmmmmmmm

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I caught part of it, will tune into the rest tommorow night. Interestin aint it......

4. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    No I did not and will not watch it. I am one of those people that don't need reminded of what happened (not saying you are). I saw the plains crash just minuets after it happened on the news. And for the next 3-4 days watched as much news about it as I could. Then the media burn out set in, just could not watch any more, my feelings and opinions about the subject are set in stone and no movie will change that. I'm just not ready to see more about it. What those zealot's did to this country forever changed it. and I will never forget.

By the way what was Clintons problem with the movie?

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I though it was very interesting. I didn't like the way it was filmed... the fast movement/switching of the cameras, all the face closeups, flashing, almost gave me a headache.

"The Path to 9/11," is a dramatization of the events detailed in The 9/11 Commission Report and other sources... I don't know for sure but I suppose Clinton doesn't wish for the facts to be brought out about how his administration dropped the ball. Him and his lawyers tried to prevent ABC from airing it.

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    My fiance wanted to watch it and I didnt..But guess what we watched..LOL....But actually it was really good, and I am looking forward to watching the rest of it tonight. But I agree with you on the way it was filmed..Hard to keep up at times

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Watched last night and will watch again tonight. Not sure if I agree with it 100% but still interesting. Some points have came out that I did not know about.

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You cant count on the media to supply you with accurate information on this sore topic. This should be considered nothing more than a cinema feature created for entertainment purposes, NOT as a documentary that accurately illustrates the events leading up to that grave day. Personally, I am disturbed that the broadcast companys would exploit this simply for ratings (dont kid yourself if you think they are doing it for any other reason). It has been dramatized for your viewing pleasure, and should not be taken seriously.

And how about that 9/11 movie that just came out recently (with nicholas cage)? It really pisses me off the way corporate america exploits 9/11 for ratings and cash profit.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I noticed last night that "Path to 9/11" ended 20 minutes early. Now I just read online that 20 minutes was cut out..... Then Clinton did get what he wanted.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    "...The original version depicted national security adviser Samuel R. Berger hanging up on CIA chief George Tenet as Tenet sought permission to attack bin Laden. The movie aired Sunday did not include Berger hanging up...."

Heh, Probably was in those fifty some odd classified documents Sandy Berger was illegaly stealing from the Archives hehe.. Course, we'll never know what it was He didnt want to get out.. The media swept that whole thing under the rug pretty quickly.....

11. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

I watched last night. Doesn't make Clinton look very good, does it? I wonder why Clinton and his people didn't take care of this problem back then? Anyone have an answer?

Paul

12. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Don't hold back now, come on, tell us what ya really feel brother...lol

13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I heard on the radio today that only one (1) minute was cut from the original film. The Clinton administration failed to take the threats seriously, or pretend Islamic facism didn't exist. Bush administration also failed to properly aknowledge the threat before 911. But notice how different the views are now between the two partys about how to deal with the threat. Bush wants to take their holy war to them before it gets to us, while others want to simply ignore, appease, try to negotiate or pretend the problem isn't as big as it is. The same thing happened prior to World War II.

14. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yea it continues tonight at 9 oclock tonight. tell me if im wrong. i really did enjoy last nights 3 hour segment. they are trully putting on a good show. im tuned in!

15. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    man that sux i didnt know it was on, i did watch some on the discovery channel today tho

16. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I remember 9/11 well enough to not need a fictionalized version showing people doing and saying things that never happened in real life.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I watch very little TV I didn`t watch any last night:smile2:

18. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Bubba i agree with you man it just brings back that hatred in my heart tord the people of that race and i'm a christian and don't like to think like that.

God

19. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Bubba i agree with you man it just brings back that hatred in my heart tord the people of that race and i'm a christian and don't like to think like that.

"God bless the world as it is today not as it was yesterday"

20. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio

well this is my oppinion not intended tord anyone.