How many tackle junkies do we have on the board?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by waterwalker, Mar 25, 2006.

1. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Over the years fishing tackle has evolved and then revolved, seems there
    is always something new and claims to be the best thing ever for catching
    the big ones. Each species has it's own special lure, bait or technic to get
    that one in a lifetime trophy. Getting on in years I ponder my younger days when I had to have every new item produced, now my grandsons
    have all the lures that I just had to have. Today it hasn't changed since my youth...I'm still a tackle junky...buy everthing and then use the proven baits that I have caught fish with since being a boy. BOC only has only
    fed fuel to my addiction...you read all the wonderful posts...then you say,
    self you gotta have or gotta try this tip. Just wondering how many other
    tackle junkies are on board BOC. I truly believe if I had one of everything
    I thought I needed to go fishing was with me, my van would be a fourty
    foot flatbed and my boat would have to pull a river barge. It is amusing
    to me...the tackle junkie...that I taught all my grandsons to fish with cane
    poles. OK guys...step up to the plate...how many more tackle junkies are
    lurking in our midst...LOL

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I defineltly will admit to having more tackle than I'll ever use in my lifetime, unless at 63 I'm in my middle-age. BUT, i'll still buy more and more and more...a person is entitled to his or her happiness.

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    count me in. i am a an addict when it comes to tackle. just this year i have gotten 4 new rods( 2 7'6" ultralight and 2 12" x-tra heavy ugly sticks) 5 new reels( 2 penn 309's, a 209 and 2 microlite ultralight reels) a set of 120 # digital scales,a new landing net, a wading vest, a new tackle bag, a rod sling, about 200 panfish floaters to go with the countless others i have collected, a new digital camera for fishing photo's and some synthetic hair to make jigs with. and i am not done yet. i need help. do you think there is a 12 step program or something so i can get a hold on this thing?

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I'm not as bad as I used to be (Back when I BA...BAS....BASs fished all the time.). Man that was hard to say. I don't buy near as much tackle as I did then. Catfishing doesn't take as much after you get the basic equipment. But I still go to the sporting goods deparment when I'm in a store that has one. You never know what you can find that you need, and didn't know it. LOL

5. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    I'm with you guys who collect. I'm told i can open my own tackle store. 5 boats, down to 2 canoes, 1 float rig, and so many tackle boxes i need to pile them all up bout 4 feet high. Just bought a Dale Earnhart softsided box yesterday that i need like a hole in the head. But it was Dale and the price was right. Should have bought all 4 of them. A fella needs room to grow don't he. I have about 30 rods of various types, and about 45 - 50 reels at least. They make it, don't show it to me or i'll buy it. I have enough plastic/rubber to cover a small barge if they were melted down. Keep collecting, it's good for the economy. ;)

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i totally am the same. lol, i still have tackle that my granddad used. The thing about havin all that fishin tackle, is that when the weathers bad n you cant go fishin, then you can pass the time by cleanin up, repairin, organizin, reorganizin your tackle, or even go to wally world n buy more clutter errr umm tackle. I call it tackle, wife calls it clutter.

7. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    Couldn't have said it better myself Lawrence (AwShucks). Have more than I'll ever really need but can't help myself from trying the latest and greatest. So, I guess I am in the "tackle junkie club" too.

8. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    Hello. My name is Jamey, and I'm a tackle-holic...

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm like a pet crow.... if it's shiney, I take it home to my nest.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Tackle Junkie? Yep that's me! I'm addicted to it!

And I'm just like "Ol Man"

11. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I'm guilty too boys!Y'all reckon we need serious help?.....Naw,it don't hurt to have several guns for every window in the house right boys?:rock-big:

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Tackleholic, uh yup, I am one also. Since winter set in last year, 4 new rods, 2ABU 7000c3 reels, 1 6500c4 reel, $50 or more on line, 36 sinker slides, etc. etc. etc. If I only knew how much I have invested, I would probably fall to the ground, don't think I want to know. Thinking I need to go get some tackle I dont have yet, I'm sure there is something, there has to be.

13. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    He He

we call them tackle tarts in england

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    You know - it's funny because I was just talking to a Buddy of mind this morning about that very thing (LOL:happy: )

I was saying that since I started Cat fishing more than Ba$$ fishing my pockets are in alot better shape then they were where I was always buying the latest lure or that go to bait that I always see the Pros:rolleyes: on TV got.

My frist mistake was that I was I was tring to do everything that they were doing on a boat, from the shoreline (I don't own a boat) and alot on the thing they were doing work, but only for a boat.

As you can see from the photo below I can do just fine from the shoreline.

You take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

Attached Files:

15. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am definately with you guys its gotten so bad that I have to buy in bulk and sell the rest just to justify new stuff to the wife.

16. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Remember me in your wills guys and I will remember you in mine. No need in all that tackle sittin in a shed not bein used.;)

17. flannelman

flannelman New Member

yah, i consider myself a tackle junkie as well. theres no such thing as too much tackle

18. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I wouldnt even want to figure out how much I have in tackle just for bass fishing alone let alone my trout salmon and cat stuff lol.

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have enough for 20 people to fish at same time and I am not a very good fisherman. I understand now. It is a disease and I have it. Is there a cure?
    No wait I don't want to be cured. LOL

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    you know you got it bad when you go to the store and get a new rod,reel or both and sneak it in the house like a little kid then after its safe to pull it out you tear all the stickers off and quickly discard any shred of evidence. then even though your significant other probably doesn't even
    suspect a thing . your diseased guilt ridden tackle junkie mind makes up some foolish story about not ever fishing with this old setup in a while as you spool your new line on it and then think you were really slick in tryin
    to pull one over on her ................................................................
    hi my name is darryl and i am a tackle junkie:crying: