How many snags in 1 season

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 29, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    MY FIRST SEASON OF CATFISHING I LOST 8 RIGS ( HOOK, LINE, SWIVELS, WEIGHTS)

AFTER HAVING A COUPLE SEASONS AND DOING SERIOUS CATFISHING( EVERY WEEKEND) I LOOSE ABOUT 25 RIGS DURING THE SEASON

FIRST STRIPER SEASON I LOST ABOUT 12 RIGS ( SWIVELS, LINE, HOOKS )

NOW I LOOSE ABOUT 7-8 RIGS A SEASON

NOW I USE EAGLE CLAW SNELLS FOR FREELINING SO IT DONT BOTHER ME ONE BIT WHEN I GET SNAGED / LOST IN THE CABLES

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't keep track but its a bunch. If ya ain't losein rigs ya aren't fishin where ya should be. LOL!

3. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    25 rigs???????:confused2: Dude you must not fish a lot of rivers, snags, tree jams, and different place you don't know that well. If i throw 25 rigs in a log jam 100 ft long with a 8-9 inch gill on them looking for flatties, I'm losen' 8 or 10 with that big gill swimmin' back in that log jam. I prolly lose a couple hundred each year fishin 12 months a year 3 - 4 times a week. Dang I wish i only lost 25 a year. You must have clean waters where you fish.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. no idea. sometimes as many as 4-5 a day if im flipping for bluegills. depends on the areas.

5. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Leroy, you could probalby cut your cost by $15 and just buy 8 lb. test. Don't knock people that take catfishing serious and are willing to spend money to make them selves a better catman. If you are sastified with catching 5 and 8 lb. fish!!! More power to ya!!! Me, I like them 40 lb. plus fish and that is what keeps me going back! What is your biggest?

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    JAMES... I THINK YOU TOOK THAT WRONG.... IM NOT KNOCKING ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!! I SAW 10 OZ BANK SINKERS FOR SALE ON EBAY AND THOUGHT ABOUT THE $ I WOULD SPENT ON LOOSING THEM DURING A SEASON.... THINKING THAT I DONT GET SNAGED VERY OFTEN I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT FISH IN THE RIVERS AND FISH UP TO 4-5 TIMES A WEEK..... THATS ALL I MENT BY THIS POST :confused2:

UNLESS YOUR TALKING ABOUT MY SIGNATURE :eek:oooh:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Leroy,join the club,if ya ain't loosin tackle,ya ain't fishin in the right places hard enough. I don't even think about it any more,JUST FISH.

8. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think I've lost more than 25 rigs drifting on Santee Cooper in 2 days. I don't mind losing the rigs, I just hate tying'em back on LOL, especially when the fishin' is hot!

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hate to retie rigs, most of my spots I know where to cast so I wont get hung up,,,This has come fom years of fishing the same locations,,I fish as close to struture as I can, but I dont throw right in the middle of it..

I probably lost 20 rigs last year in maybe 25 trips.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thats basically why i only loose 20-25 rigs a season..... im either in a cove or off the point on the island...... the current takes the bait smell and they hit it hard......

11. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    well since i carp fish 90% of the time i lose most of my rigs doing just that.if im fishing a place were i know theres alot of snags i will use eagle claw size 4 wide bends but if im fishing pretty clean water than i use 1/0 owners.i tie my own rigs for sale and for personal use so im pretty much use to re-tieing rigs when they break off. but i use a 2 hook rig for all of my carpin' so when you have a rig break off that cost's about $2.30 to tie it hurts a little. :smile2:

12. riverrat6

riverrat6 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    i would say i lost atleast 25 rigs friday morning

13. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I know that's right Riverrat!!! Dang sure lose a lot throwing in to log jams with them 1lb gills kicking around, don't cha!!:big_smile::smile2:

14. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah, I lose at least 2 rigs a night... usually more :crazy:

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Depends on where and how I'm fishing. When I'm drift fishing below a dam, I'll lose 5-10 rigs in a day.

16. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    My 2nd year fishing the Ol L&D I estimated I went through approx $140.00 worth of sinkers alone.

Now I buy bulk 09 Hooks and make my own sinkers.

99% the locals will NOT even fish this spot in the snags but they don't get the Johnny Cats there as much either.

:0a30: