How many set up's do you use when bank fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Jun 1, 2009.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering how many rods and reels do you set up when bank fishing for cats?

2. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I use 2 poles with 2 hooks each. I believe that it the limit for Illinois. Wish I could use more..lol

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    When I'm fishing live baits for Flatheads.....I usually set out 6 rods spaced out about 15-20 yards apart and cover a spot about 100 yards long.

When I'm fishing cutbaits for bluecats..I use 2 rods with circle hooks spaced about 10 yards apart. I put my chair in the middle and keep my eyes peeled to my rods.

I dont target channelcats very often!:cool2:

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Here you go!Making me jealous again.:wink: We,re still only allowed 2 rods here in Pennsylvania.:sad2:

5. Owl

Owl New Member

State:
    Gainesvill
    We're allowed as many as you want in GA, unless you're in a state owned public fishing area where the limit is two. I usually use just two anyway. I guess for me catfishing is a kinda laid-back time and I actually think alot while I'm fishing( don't tell anyone!:roll_eyes:), so two rods is about all I can watch while my brain is runnin' through the gears. haha.

I'd love to fish sometime with someone where we could set out about 6 or 7 rods and have some faster action.

Matter of fact though - 2 rods is all I own! :) ( Other than fly rods for trout. :crazy:)

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Three poles here in Kansas.

7. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Were only allowed 2 poles here on the colorado river... I have kids though and they are allowed 2 each. Run 5 poles lately. 2 live 2 bluegill heads and a channel cat pole to keep the kids busy.

8. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    The limit here in Indiana is three poles. I'll put out all three and keep two to three more ready to go on the bank. I like this so if i break off or something happens i can keep three in the water at all times. The CO's really like this cause they say your not allowed more that three with you. I actually talked with one and called the state department about this. They said you are only allowed three in the water at a time, but you can have as many as you want with you.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    2 poles 2 hook limit in IOWA also but I have 3-4 layin there ready to bait if I get snagged or broke off I set up and run again(LOL) ya know if they aint in the water you aint gonna catch nuttin (LOL)

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah JCY be a dawg too rubbin the salt in deep aint he (LOL) :smile2:

11. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Never have got my head around how some keep up with more that 3.
    Must be fishing sober or something?? :wink::smile2:

Most times I will only use 2 and one extra rigged for "other fish" casting opportunities.

12. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    If i'm bank fishing, i'll usually use 4 rods, unless the bite is so much that I can't keep up....:eek:oooh:

13. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I use 2 rigs 3 at the most

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have three cat rigs, I try fishing all three but only one got most of the bites.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We are only allowed 2 rods here in Ohio...I would use 3 if allowed, but anymore than that seems like to much work.

16. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here in Illinois if you use over 2 rods, they must have your name and address on them. I only use 2 because that is all I can keep up with and all I want to pack.

17. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    I set up 4 with 2 hooks each.

18. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I'll fish one or two in the ground & one by hand

19. ghudson434

ghudson434 New Member

State:
    virginia
    here in va we use as many as we want. i usually use 2. another guy uses 6 or 8 if we have the room for them all.

20. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    There's no rod/hook limit here in NC. I will set out 4 rods from the bank at a pond or lake with different baits (livers, shad, crawlers, sometimes crawfish) then fish 2 with whatever they're biting best on. When fishing the river, I only set out 2.