How Many Rods Do You Use?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomflatcat, Dec 12, 2007.

1. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    I'm wondering how many rods you all use at one time? I use 7 in the boat and 2 if I'm fishing from shore.

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    We're only allowed to use two poles by law.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I use 3 if I have my partner in the boat with me, and 4 if im by myself...Sometimes I can only use 2 depending on where im fishing, and depending on the rules of the tourny that I am fishing.

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i usually use 5 to 7 here in missouri u can use up to 32 hooks total trot line, jugs , limb lines and rod and reel together but your name and adress has to be on each. if u use 3 or less no name and adress is needed on your poles only if your using more then 3.

5. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Not sure what Texas law is, but i can only deal with 2... My A.D.D. won't allow any more than that. :big_smile:

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Allen, I'm with you. More than 2 and I am in a total panic!!! :wink:

7. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I am with Matt on this. I use 3 if I am fishing with someone. I use 4 if I am by myself.

8. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    im with alot of the guys on here 2 or 3 when im with some one an 4 if im by my self

9. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    lol, i use as many as i have with me if on the shore. Sometimes up to 10-15. I vary the bait and distance on each one till i find out where and what they are biting on. If on the boat between my fishing partner and i we use 6 rods for drifting or if ancored 8 rods.
    If the fishing gets really hot i drop to one to two rods.

10. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    oh, and texas law lets each person use 50 hooks total between all rods, jugs, and trotlines.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Were allowed only one ,two for another 4.00 so I buy the extra rod permit . When I fish in Oklahoma I use up to 4 ,I think they are allowed up to 7 there.

12. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Good question and will be interesting to read the replies.:big_smile:
    Depends on what and where I am fishing among other things. If I am alone and on a boat I use up to 12 rods in still water. Don't fish much from the bank but never more than 6 rods on the bank.

Thanks
    David

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i keep 6 to 8 rods riged up at all times but i only use 4 in the boat and up to 5 from the bank.if im with some other people i only use 2.

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Fishing from shore, i use two for me, my son has one, I have an ultra lite for 'gills for getting bait and having some fun and a bass set up for when things get a little boring...:0a10:

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Only allowed 2 here in Nevada and ya have to have a second rod stamp for that.

16. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Man, I feel sorry for you guys in states that are only allowed to use 1 rod. And then required to pay extra for the use of a second rod. That sucks. I am glad there is no such rule here in Ky like that.

17. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Ohio only allows 2, sometimes I will sneak in a third but that is only my bait rod, ultralight rig for gills, depending on where I'm at.

18. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yep earl your right 33 u got me lol well just buy me a pizza or a couple cheese burgers we call it even :smile2::smile2::smile2:. 2 funny dam now im hungry

19. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I run as many as ten at a time, depending on the water conditions, when the river is running out hard or if I have company on board, I will drop a few. Vern

20. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Law says 2 poles. I take 3 or 4 on the boat with me. Only fish with 2 at a time though.
    We're allowed 5 bank poles but only 15 hooks total-trot line.
    Special licence you are allowed 200 hooks but only in the boundry waters.
    Really I don't know how you guys fish with more than 2 poles let alone afford them.

the best to ya
    just