How many rods and reels do you own

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jul 5, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The below pic shows appx half of mine, the ones I use are in the garage:big_smile:

Attached Files:

• aa.JPG
      aa.JPG
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
  2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Wow, that is alot of combo's brother.

I am poor, have 1 Big Flathead Combo and 2 Zebco 33 Combos for Channels, That is is.

By the way, never seen a crutch pole, where do you get that one at?? LMAO

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I might add that I caught more and bigger fish years ago when I used cheap walmart tackle...go figure:angry:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Teay, I have to use the crutch after fishing with mellon, tears my back up hauling all the gear for two people...Remember I have a nice set up for you.

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I only own 5. :embarassed:

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Jack, I hope when we fish you do not have to use that crutch afterwards. hehehe

I thank you for the set up, we will see how long before another crap rodholder claims its life. LMAO

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Heck fire, Jack, I can't use but one at a time and my favorite is the one my Dad gave me. Well I guess I could but that would be multi tasking and I do enough of that at work, so I go fishing to relax. LOL.

I'd have to go out to the garage, then the Rav and I might add it's raining. I'll take a stab at 7 or 8. I Don't Know, but like I said I only fish with one at a time, or I should say feed. LMAO.

Now tell us why H20 hates turtles. I love turtles, but not to eat.

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    14 set up and ready to fish. Also have 2 new diawa open face reels that haven't been put on a rod yet. May bring one to the gathering for a prize of some sorts

9. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have 7 combos and 2 rods currently without reels.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have 6 or 8 that is useable. And all from wal- Mart. Ca n't afford those fancy ones.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tea here is the picture of the reel you will be getting, note the baitfeeder lever on the bottom of the reel, this works just like a clicker on a abu..I think I will but it on a quantum bigcat spinning rod, I like that rod better than the master rod.

Attached Files:

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I dont care what Mellon says about you Jack, you are alright with me. LMAO

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Counted 9 still here in the cabin...I have 11 scattered around docks I fish...so 20 total...LOL....can only use 3 at a time here in Missouri.:confused2:

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Boy Now Mr. Flathead thats a loded question. Did my Wife put you up to this cause thats a well kept secret if she knew how many I had she would shut me down! LOL nice geer though and if She catches me buying any more Im telling it was All your falt for showing me all those pictures. Im off tomorow and im going to bass Pro thats just down the road and pick me up a copple more Tiger rods cause you got more than me and thats just ain't right. Whoever dies with the most rods WINS!!! J.D.Straka.:big_smile:

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I know I've got at least 15 rods and reels that are usable. And over 20 in total, I also have a lot of reels with no rods for them, and a lot of small rods with no small reels. I normally use at least 5 at a time, none of my poles are the same though, all of them are different.

16. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What a question. My nephews counted mine sunday. 65 Hanging in the garage ready to use, 15 in house, 20 or so In various stages of repair in corner of garage, 10 reels that are retired but still usable. I don't know at the cabin. I just can't bear to part with any. I have icefishing, Microlties, ultralites, lites, medium, med/heavy, and heavy for cats and salmone. I just like fishing. I also have 10 lrge tackle boxes of stuff.

The difference between STUFF and JUNK: stuff is the junk you keep and junk is the stuff you get rid of.

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jack I have about 18 or so combos including fly rods, spinning rods, bass rods and the fewest I have is my catfishing rods, but thats slowly changing, my birthday ( the big 40) is Friday and the wife is allowing me to get another outfit. Im thinking of another 6500 with some sort of heavy flathead sized rod so Ill have 2 channel rods and 2 flathead rods, thats good for starters.
    Any recommendations?

Salmonid

18. BoG

BoG Member

State:
    Delaware
    Name:
    Bo
    Wow, I'm not sure but a good guess is 30, no 40, no, I don't know. Started giving some away to kids in the neighborhood. I'm a jack of all fishing and master of none, so that adds up to a lot of tackle.

My latest excuse to my wife is "I'm upgrading". She just rolls her eyes and puts money in the budget for tackle about every four months. The latest is a Abu C4, 6500.

Bo

19. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Total of eight rod and reel combos that are ready to fish 2 back ups.

20. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i wouldnt take the time to do inventory that would be like overtime at work without getting paid its alot though