How Many Rods Allowed

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Gordhawk, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How many rods are you allowed to fish on a regular license in Illinois?

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Depends if you are fishing in a 2 pole limit area, other wise pretty much what ever you want as long as they are tagged.

3. rockfordflathunter

rockfordflathunter New Member

State:
    rockford,illino
    In Illinois it is 48 tagged and 2 untagged unless it is otherwise restricted to 2 pole only area.If in doubt call dnr for your region or springfield office at 217/782-6302 and ask to speek to an officer.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was just curious because I was out in my boat fishing last Thursday and went by a guy fishing out of a boat and he had at least 4-5 rods sticking out of the side of his boat. I live in S.E.Iowa and fish the Mississippi River around here a lot and have never seen one guy have that many rods out at one time. Here in Iowa we are limited to 2 rods per person with a maximum of 2 hooks on each rod. I tried looking on the Illinois website but couldn't find anything about it. Maybe I just didn't look in the right place. Thanks for your help.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Play it safe and use only two. Some dnr officers argue the tagged poles.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Since I live in Iowa and have a Iowa Lifetime License,I know I can only have 2 rods in the water at a time with 2 hooks on each line. I was just wondering about people with Illinois license's.

7. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2:Mikey they may not like it but it is the law and they printed it out.We have been checked many times, and some DNR. have said that is not how it was intended,but the law says up to 48 poles tagged with your name and address on them.Not what type of pole they are,made of stick or cane or fiberglass. Have a good one John(Ole Bullhead)Hagen

8. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    http://dnr.state.il.us/fish/digest/

The above site will answer your question. Page 8 and following give site specific regulations with Illinois lakes in the following pages. Note that Rend Lake and Carlyle Lake have no regulation regarding pole limits, but Crab Orchard has a two pole limit.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The way I read the regulations for the area that I'm talking about, between Iowa and Illinois the regulations for Illinois are the same as Iowa,2 rods per person with a maximum of 2 hooks per line.

10. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    From my understanding, it is a 50 hook limit with a max 2 hooks per pole, and if you have more than two poles, the extra poles must be tagged with name, address, and phone # in a easy to find location. As far as on a river dividing 2 states it is an agreement between the 2 states, you will have find out what that agreement is.

11. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    It is my understanding that when you are fishing on state line waters, ie Ole Miss) you have to abide by the laws of the state in which your liscence is purchased.

12. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Different lakes have different regs. Was fishing Crab Orchard last summer & two officers checked my boat etc. Nice guys who were doing their job. I had met one of them before through their investigation of a fellow stealing artifacts on Federal land. I had 3 rods out, becaise I was used to fishing Carlyle which does not have a limit on rods. They informed me of the site specific regs & that Crab was a two limit lake. No ticket was issued, just a verbal warning. You can check each lake by looking at the listing of lakes. In the lake listing the regs book gives numbers for various regs for each lake.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is very difficult to figure out the rules of some states! I usually just stick to what my local laws are. Being in the military, its hard to keep up with them all.