How many Rod/Reel setups do you have?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JBrooks, Sep 3, 2009.

How many Rod/Reel setups do you have?

1. 1 - 2

2. 3 - 4

3. 5 - 6

4. 7 - 8

5. 9+

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm just curious as to how many you all have. I figured once I get 4, I'll be good to go. Obviously Kentucky has no fishing pole limit, so I want to take full advantage of that while I'm on the river. Not to mention I'd like to get different lengths/styles for different types of fishing. I love my Tiger Rods from the bank, but at the same time I want the casting distance I'd get from a 10' rod.

So, how many do we have?
    And are they adaptive to certain conditions?

2. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    I have 8 , two 12 footers for bank fishing, two 8 footers for boat fishing, Which noone uses these 4 , then I have 4 otheres that my Brothers use all the time.

3. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have 2- 8ft rods and 2-11ft rods plus an ultra light. The 8ft are my rods I use when distance is not a factor. However I only have 2 abu's I change them out depending the type of fishing I need. I have the ultra light to catch bait as I fish.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I can only use two at once off the bank . I have 3- 7'rods 2 have 6500C3's on them and one has a bait runner on it.

I will have a boat soon and it takes about 10 rods to do it right on our waters. It will take a minimum off 6 rods in at one time, up to 10 while anchored.

-Jim-

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I have over 20 if you count everything but for cattin I have 6 :eek:oooh: lol

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    2, I'd like to have 4 but 2's fine for now.. :cool2:

7. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    More than i actually need yet never enough;)

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    For cats I have 5 maybe 6 then I have a bunch of other R/R combos for gills and such

9. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    I have about 12 but i usually only fish about 6-8 at a time if I am alone in the boat.

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    If i count all the ones i have cats , ulta lites surf r&r flounder ,drum ,i probably have 20-25 outfits

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I voted 9 plus. Much more. Got to have that tackle.:smile2:

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    A bait shop full :roll_eyes: several hundred :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have trout poles,crappie combos,cat combos, striper combos and skipjack combos and i have some multi task combos. So all together I have 25-30 or more. I honestly don't know what i have anymore.:big_smile:

14. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    got seven 2 for gill 5 for cats:smile2:

15. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    I have 4 right now just called about # 5 ( found it on craigslist)

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I just recently added 5 3/4 ton team catfish rods for prepaired bait fishing, Just got in 5 1 tons for bait fishing now through the winter. That puts me up over 30 something :eek:oooh::smile2:, from skip poles up to 3 14 ft. fenwicks and everything in between :wink::smile2:. Always inventing new reasons to buy more tackle :smile2:.

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    WOW I didn't realize how many I had till I started an inventory:embarassed: And now I'm almost ashamed to say.
    1-11'
    3-10'
    3-9'
    5-8'
    12-7'
    I use Abu's on them,anything from a 5000b that is30+ years old to a 7000 Pro Rocket. That's cat poles and doesn't include ultra lights,light or medium actions or fly-rods.Thank god my family knows fishing gear is a can't miss gift at birthdays, Christmas and any other day that has a need for a gift.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  18. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    I have 6 Cabelas KingKat 8’ MH casting rods w/Penn Jigmaster Reels, for cat drifting, 6 American Spirit 8’ MH spinning rods w/Cabelas Fish Eagle II 3500 spinning reels, for cat anchoring, and about 20 to 25 other assorted purpose rod combos, but only the cat combos count. LOL

Enough is what the wife will allow. So I built a 32' x 32' garage and she don't complain about too many anymore. Out of her sight, out of her mind. :wink: :cool2:

19. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i have 8 catfishing sticks,3for blues ,3 for flats, 2 for chanels, 2 ultra lites for bait, i say 3 for blues but the only diffrents is the bait i use from my flat head rods,my Chanel rods are not so heavy duty, but up here in ohio im only aloud to fish with 2 rods at a time:angry: i take extra that are rigged different from the ones im using in case i need a different approach to them, or in case i get one of them NASTY bird nest, (that iv only read about:smile2::smile2::wink: )

20. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Geez, I know I have 3 Catmax rods. 1 with a Penn 310, 1 with an ambassadeur 6500 TCCF, 1 with an Okuma line counter. I have 2 Quantum Big Cats. 1 with a 6000, one with a Mitchell 306 spinning reel. I have 2 Shakespear Ugly Cat Rods with Mitchell 306 reels. And a few others in there as well with 306 reels. Just can't remember what. LOL I have 2 8 foot Pinnacle Ultra light rods. 1 with a Cardinal 100 then other with a Mitchell Avocet II ultralight reel. I have a 10 foot Pinnacle with a Wally Marshall ultra light on it. I have about 5 ultra light 5 and 5.5 foot rods with Mitchell 308's or Sigma .035 reels. And probably 10 to 15 various 6 or 6.5 foot rods with Mitchell 300's on them. I also have 2 7 foot Browning rods with Cardinal 300's or Mitchell 300's on them. And many other rods and reels for other kinds of fishing. Even an assortment of bass fishing rods and reels. I have more than I should have and still seem to find more to buy. LOL I'm always on the lookout for old Garcia Mitchell reels. I have some of those that are more than 50 years old. Anyway, I have a lot. LOL