How Many Rivers do you fish?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I thought it would be interesting to ask all the Arkies like me how many different rivers they fish each year. I know some probably only fish one river and maybe none at all. Below is my list:

1) Black River (Three different sections)

2) White River

3. Strawberry River

4. St. Francis

5. Arkansas River

6. Spring River

Now just so you'll know, the Black, White, Strawberry, and Spring are all withing 30 minutes of my house. I fish the Black 90% of the time. Ususally make one trip to the Arkansas, and two or three trips to the St. Francis. The Spring and Strawberry are both fished in conjunction with the Black. In other words, I access both rivers from the Black.

OK, there is my list. What about yours?

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I fish the Arkansas river most of the time. this year it has been to high for me. I hope I can fish the river soon. A long time a go I the Petit Jeam river. I like to fish the dams on the arkansas.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Well like you I fish the Spring, Black, White and sometimes the Strawberry although not much of a fishing hole at least around here. Found a great spot on the White about a month ago. We brought back 19 cats. Smallest being 3 pounds, biggest 7.

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I fish the following:

1)Quachita

2) Arkansas

3) Saline

I do need some information, if anyone can provide it. i have a buddy that is incarcerated at the East Arkansas reginal Unit, up around Brickeys. That would be close to marriana and Forest City.

I plan on going up to see him. but, was wanting to go up on a saturday and do some fishing, then visit him on Sunday.I know there is the ST. Francis River near there. But what i need to know is, is there any launch Ramps near the Unit or not far from it?

Any help would be appreciated. I have never fished anywhere near there. Close as i have gotten is Merrisach/W.D mills.

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Country Boy,
    I pass the unit on my way to the St. Francis. If you take hwy 1 south (I think) off of I-40 you will see the unit. From there it's only a few miles down to Marianna and the Huxtable pumping station. There is a very good ramp bleow the pumping station and a good ramp above.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I fish the Arkansas mostly, I have fished the Ouachita in Louisiana on several occasions.

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Thanks Terry,

Do you know if there is a map online that will show those ramps and the pumping station? If so, if someone can provide the link, that would be great! If not, i will see what i can find!

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I don't know about maps but I can tell you that as soon as you get into Marianna, turn left (first light) About three miles after turning, you will see a small sign directing you to trun right to get to Huxtable pumping station. It's a paved hwy (I don't remember the number). This hwy ends at the pumping station. Can't miss it.

9. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    The one and only arkansas river. When they shut the flood gates

10. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The White River upper, Arkansas Toad,Ormond, Dardanelle dams and sometimes the Red river and St. Francis! Pump station sounds good but is there bank fishing there too? My Ford Focus is the only way to fish distant spots like the pump station cause of gas prices. Would like to try it with my boy if the bank fishing there is worth a try? How bout skeeters? Night or Day fishing better? Come back Arkie55.

11. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    There is some bank fishing on St. Francis but it's in the flood way and not the river. Skeeters are bad after sun set and before daylight. We do 100% of our fishing during the day.

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Nothing like having to drown yourself in bug repellet!!! I plan on doing both sometime! Day and Night. Cntryboy's will survive!

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Thanks Jerry. That was helpful, can't find where the prison is on it but shows a lot. Might have to try out that Bear creek lake. it looks like it might be some good fishing!

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    I fish the arkansas,the cossatot,the ouchita,and little river.mostly ouchita sense gas is so high.

16. catsandman

catsandman New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Mississippi, White, Black, Arkansas.

17. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    My list is #1. Arkansas River

Thats it. I sure hope to have more time in the future to expand.
    It`s the nearest hot spot to me and it`s 90 miles away.
    I do get to fish Bull Shoals and Table Rock lakes some.
    I work too much

18. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    #1 Des Arc Bayou #2 White occasoinaly #3 Little Red from Searcy downsream once in a while. Have only been on the Arkansas a handfull of times. My little jon just ain't big enough for the Arkansas. The Little Red from Searcy downstream has a lot of channel cats and crappie, it's just hard to fish with all the current. I guess I'm spoiled to my little bayou.