How many of you train?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by zeboman, Mar 6, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was just wondering how many of you fella`s hit the pads to stay in shape or train mma style ,grappling, tai , kick boxing etc.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have been training BJJ for about 2 yrs now. I love it big time! I plan on doing in for as long as God allows me to. Helio Gracie is in his 90s and he still trains! That is inspirational to me!

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been in kenpo and brazilian for 12 years now and have a small wrestling backround from highschool, but over the last year i havent been able to get any real workouts in and spar (gotta love those 10-12 hr 6 day a week shifts:eek:oooh:). I've also been looking into krav maga, never hurts to learn new things.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I weight train 4-5 times a week, have been for the last 9 years! I am finally at a point where I can pump out some serious weight! (serious for me anyway):wink:

I wrestled in highschool but took a scholarship to play football in college instead of wrestling.

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Only thing I can say is that all the "Hoo Haw" and "slap face" that you see on TV is crap. In the jungle or in the desert the only thing that counts is that YOU win...Been there , done that .( I walked out of N Vietnam in 5 days after being shot down) If there is a referee there it don't count. Sorry, but WAHAAA don't get it !! Grow up, Do something that matters, ENLIST !!!!!That takes guts !!!

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would like to say that I respect America`s veterans and those currently serving our fine country, it does take guts ,but for you to say that a man training in the martial arts or weight training doesn`t matter baffles me. Are you aware that FLATHEADHUNTER33 is a U.S. Marine who happens to train in the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ?

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I am Looking into tai fighting and grappling and will even attempt to sharpen my hand strikes,being versatile can`t hurt. You never know it may save your life one day.

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo

I think what he is saying is fairly clear, Go hunt a man. iraq and stan got a bunch.

after a while all other hunting will take a back seat!

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I prefer to use hand and feet in fair competition rather than bullets.

10. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wrestled in high school and have taken several classes in self defense for law enforcement officers. I also taught officers self defense and ground fighting classes at my old department.

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I cant say that I really look forward to going into any kind of war. Heck anyone who says that they do might have a few screws loose:smile2:. I have been to comat twice and am most likely going to end up there again in '09. the only good thing about going there is the tax free money!

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an extension of my competitive spirit. I love martial arts and jiu jitsu is the one that I love doing the most. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program incorporates quite a bit of jiu jitsu's joint manipulations as well as choking techniques. I've also read about a Marine who broke an insurgent's arm via kimura lock when that insurgent made a rush for the Marine's weapon during detaining! So yeah, It works pretty good. I've a few locks put on me in training and yeah they do hurt pretty good:smile2:.

All I can say is that if you dont believe in it, thats cool. Its not for everyone...but once you spend 6 minutes rolling and tapping out to someone who knows what they are doing...you might find a little respect for it:wink:.

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    We just had self-defense training at work for 8 hours it finished up with going all out for 2 minutes.We did Hand strikes ,thai kicks, elbows, knees, and multiple combinations just to see if we could fight for 2 minutes. It takes alot out of you, most fights won`t last that long so if you can do it without having a heart attack you`re pretty good.

13. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    One of the drills that I really like is when one person gets roll with everyone in a group for 3 minutes each. If you have a big group, it will kick your butt while at the same time boosting your conditioning!

14. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That would get you in shape in a hurry,i`ve never done it but i`ll bring it up.

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Anyone have a good cardio workout besides running, also a good ab workout.

16. baldiscool

baldiscool New Member

State:
    kansas
    The thing I think we can all agree on is a mans knowledge is power. The more we know, the more powerful we become. I served in the army, competed in football and wrestling, and battled 4 brothers growing up. I think thats pretty good training.:big_smile:

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Whether or not you want to train for life and death, knowing and training for self defense is well worth. I used to train in tai kwon do but wouldnt mind starting that again as well as some other things. Nothing wrong with learning how to defend yourself.

18. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Some people train because they love it ,others for the purpose of self-preservation. You`re right ,there is nothing wrong with learning self -defense techniques.

19. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I buy most of my equipment from these guys, combat sports.

20. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas

First of all I appreicate the fact that you served. I am thankful to God you made it back safe. I hope all is well with you and your family. BUT I do not judge all the long haired biker hippies who did not enlist when I did. Nor do I disrespect your posts based on your avatar. Serving as you and I have learned is not for everyone. Nor would I want anyone to see what you and I saw.I served to preserve the right for wrestlers to fake fighting to make joe public happy when they get home from work. I have never belittled anyone for not serving. I am grateful I made it back without putting someone elses hobbies down if you arnt intrested do not comment.