How many of you sprung the $5 for 3 Poles

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Mar 11, 2006.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I was wondering how many of you opted to get the 3 pole permit for the extra $5.00. I couldn't resist. A bait pole if nothing else. How fresh can it get.

IF YOUR TO BUSY TO GO FISHING, YOU JUST TO BUSY. :0a23:

2. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Heck yeah! I just got it to jig fish or like you said catch bait with.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have trouble watching mine and my families. Seems like they are always wondering around. I wouldnt mind the fee though, but I fish to relax and undwind. Havign to watch 3 poles and with my luck would get bites on all at same time. Then have to decide what to do.

Good luck with you season.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I use 2 for channels and 1 for flathead at the lakes, at the rivers I only use 2, both for the biggest cat I can get to bite. :)

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    :rolleyes: I envy you guys here in N.M. they changed the law fromtwo poles for warm water species for free to 3.00 extra for the second pole but you can use 2 poles for trout too if you get the 2nd pole validation on your lisc. i wish we could use three or even four

6. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Think That Was A Great Idea. Just Like Catchinbiguns Said, Use A Third For Catching Bait Or For Killin Time. My Son Usually Goes With Me, So We Already Have Four In The Water. But With A Third Pole Permit, I Can Watch My Three And His One, While He's Off To The Side Catching Us More Bait To Keep Him Busy. Yeah, I Think Thats $5 Well Spent.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I plan on getting a third pole permit this year. That way I can use two poles for big blues or flats and bait one for smaller channel cats or try to catch some carp for bait

8. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for all the Interest. I just couldn't see were I could go wrong. 5.00 is cheap entertainment during those Long waits. Been doing a little searching around MARAIS DES CYGNES River and have a few new spots to try, Might head out for a little bit after Lunch.

9. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I envy you all as well. I really wish Ohio would impliment a third pole rule. We have sending emails and writing letters but it hasn't done anygood so far.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Well,I guess I'm lucky to live in Mo.

We could actually use up to 33 rods with a single hook each.

A few times I have used 4,mainly just 3.

1 on bottom,1 under a float,and the third to fool around with crappie or bait

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I got the 3rd pole permit again - I like to have the option. Usually it's 2 poles for big fish and 1 for bait. I really don't like the way they implemented it though, I say give everyone 3 poles, and if they need the revenue, raise the license fees a couple of bucks. By making it an option, they just complicate the rules, administration, and enforcement.

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I agree, they should have just changed it to where everbody can use 3 poles. A dollar or two more per license would generate more money than they are getting off the 3 pole permits. But of course this is Kansas we are talking about. Ask me if I'm suprised? :p

13. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Are there any provisions for out of state licensees to get a third pole?

I have not bought my KS license so far this year and was wondering. It was always a bummer to have to go down to 2 rods when in KS from the 7 they allow us in OK (although most nights I am happy to be watching 3-4 rods, very seldom do I have out 7).

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The 3rd rod permit costs the same whether you are a resident or non resident, noo problem for anyone to get it. Laast year I (Missouri resident then) got my KS license in Jan, and added the 3rd rod permit later. There were no problems with that, either.

15. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Thanks for the detailed answer.

16. Catfish Quiver

Catfish Quiver Member

State:
    Ks, w, edg
    I got one again this year, think I would feel cheated if I had to go back to 2, although more than two on a boat crowds it some. I like having 3.

17. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Here in Calif, it is 10 dollars for a stamp to use 2 poles in " Lakes and resorvours only"! All rivers are only one pole even if you have the stamp! I would be in fishermans heaven, if I could use two poles in the river!

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Man , Im sorry Phil , that sucks. Maybe that helps the fishery out there though. Your guys state record channel is over 50 lbs. right? :)

19. RT1

RT1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey guys
    i use 1 for catching my cut bait while the other are already out then when i get enough bait i toss out my 3rd cat pole,and it does happen several times one pole goes off and then the other goes off then you set it down grab the other ,then the one you just set down goes off again wheeeeewwww what a ruff cycle it is :eek:

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Hey Quiver, now that you mention it, it is kinda crowded with our 6 poles hanging off one side of the Toon. If we ever should get checked, I'm just gonna tell'em you've been fishing with four poles:p , seeing as how I don't have a 3rd pole permit. I figure if I'm to old for a fishing license, I must be to old for the extra pole permit too, :rolleyes: