How many of you really love your dogs?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Oct 8, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Please do me a favor,allow your best friend to jump up in your bed tonight and really love on him.My Thaddeus died in my arms and is now at peace.Anyone who has their own property is extremely lucky tonight.No one can come up to you can say either the dog goes or you go.My husband is disabled!Where would we go and then not all places allow you to have pets. God Bless you all,but my heart is shattered!:sad2:

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i am sorry for your loss, really i am i know what it feels like. my best friend died too and i had to make the call. this dog had saved my life more than once and when he had to be put to rest i was devastated. but i was doing him a favor seeing as he was in so much pain. i know it seems like now that the pain will last forever but it will get better. remembering the good times will help, i know that it seems like it will only make it worse seeing as he is not there anymore but it does help. may god be with you in your time of sorrow and i hope things get better for you sister. god bless

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    thoughts and prayers are with u...

4. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    It is definately tough times when these thing happen. I remember all too recently having to put rocky down. Heres a pic of my other pooch. Shes always a happy dog.

Attached Files:

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    thoughts and prayers are with You. I feel your pain. Been just over a year since I lost my long lived Little Buddy.
    I Memory Of Spankey​

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    pat sorry to hear of your loss and sorrow .

i know this wont help much but maybe it will bring a smile to your face

my franky boy is hard to look at without smileing

Attached Files:

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    So sorry, Pat. Big hugs to you, sister... you did the best you could for your Thaddeus and gave him a wonderful home full of love.

God bless and keep you through your grief.

Carolyn

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats A REAL Bummer Pat!! Truly a Mans(Ladies) Best Friend!! Nuff Said. God Bless J.D.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Pat Im sorry to hear that at least your buddy was in your arms. I know for myself I would like to be holding my Dog when she passes.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Pat I am truly sorry to hear of your lose. I know how your feeling I lost my first fishin partner almost 9 yrs ago and now the Vet says that my present dog has what they call is Cushing Diasease.He didn't say what is really is but acording to the internet it's a form of CANCER. They say it can be controled with medicene which she starts today. You know you are in my thoughts and prayers at this time of sorrow. GOD BLESS and STAY STRONG!!

11. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Dearest Pat... our prayers are with you sister.... i have had many a good friend in my time that passed and i still love and miss everyone of them...my dogs Coot and Lucy were such sweet good natured dogs,,, you and your husband will be in our prayers,,, God Bless you both

Hugs from Karolyn and Chuck

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My dog always sleeps with me. It is amazing how much room a beagal needs to sleep! LOL
    Bill

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Oh Pat, Thats terrible! I know I couldn't do without my Bucky so it must be really hard for you. Prayers sent from Pa. I sure hope things get better for you.

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dogs are truly mans best friend, I feel your sorrow Pat.

15. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Our sister Pat,
    I also have had the dis-pleasure of holding our loving family dog while she slipped away. These loyal companions sure do make a home in our hearts. Unfortunatly, in time, the memories and pictures are all we have to hold onto.

There isn't much more one can say that will make you feel any better. You have valid reasons to feel the way you do. I hope that you get surrounded by comfort and support while going though this difficult time.

Hang in there my friend.

Tony
    _

16. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Sister Pat I am so sorry for your loss, if you truly love your dogs like we do they become part of the family..We lost our basset hound Jimmy 3 years ago and we still miss him. I truly believe that they are looking down and watching out for us.

Sharon

17. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pat, sorry to here this. My dogs are in my bed as I post. My desk is beside my bed and I can reach over and pet them from the keyboard.

Loosing a pet can be as tough as loosing a loved one. My you have comfort and peace.

Danny

18. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Man, I can't even think about losing my dog.

Jesse, 5 yr ol yeller lab

egg

19. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Very sorry to hear of your loss....You and your husband are in my prayers...

20. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Pat, i sure feel your pain! We lost kali three years ago when she got to close to the highway while the mother in law was waiting to pull in. Out of that we now have sister. The one good thing is we have the chance to do it all over again and theres a small puppy out there wanting a great home.

Here is a pic of sister waiting on daddy to catch her a skipjack.

Attached Files: