How many of you have done this?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigkane, Sep 4, 2009.

1. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I was spooling my Abu 6600cb yesterday with BBG. Took my time, got the amount I wanted on and proceeded to setting up my rig. I got my rig set up making sure all the knots were perfect, set my rod by the door and started loading the Jeep. When I went to pick my rod up, the line wasn't in one of the eyes.:angry: How in the world did I do that. Man don't that just stink:smile2::smile2:

2. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Welcome to the human race. At one time or another we've all done blunderous things such as that. Takes a big man to admit it though. Congratulations. :wink:

Ray

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :big_smile: Sounds familiar to me. I would say that most of us have made that mistake at least once. Just part of rigging.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ha! Did that last time I retied in the dark. Didn't even know it until the next day.

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    ive done that more times then i care to admit LOL and i forget to go threw the bail on my spinning reels man that frustrating LOL:angry::smile2:

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Been there done that. Ive seen a buddy of mine take a open face reel and spool it backwards while he was telling me he was an experienced fisherman.:big_smile:

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol yeah ive done that and missed one or two eyes and had to start over retying my rig.i look back and laugh now:big_smile:

8. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Man I did it so many times I cant count them even if I use my toes:tounge_out:

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It only gets worse when ya get older and your eyes start goin' bye-bye on ya:sad2:

10. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Happened just a couple of days ago. It seems to be happening more often for some reason.

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I would say that most of us have made that mistake at least once . Myself I have done it a few times .

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Done that more times than I care to admit.My eyes aint worth shit anymore either.I,ve had a few times this year where I,d rerig at night ,get all done,then cut my main line instead of the tag end on my leader knot.:roll_eyes:.

13. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

3 years ago I only had to put the readers on to retie at night,then last year I needed them in the evening,now there required any time!:sad2::roll_eyes:.As long as I keep casting out towards the water instead of back onto the bank,I guess I,ll be alright!:crazy:.

14. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    been there done that a few times myself

15. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Dain Bramage Man, sniffin' too much stink bait! :smile2: Don't tell me you have never thrown an anchor line out and forgot to have it tied to the boat?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  16. oahegw

oahegw Member

State:
    So. Dakota
    Yup, I did again just last week. And the older ya get, the more you do goofy things. :roll_eyes:

17. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I'm pretty good at hitting the eyes, but terrible about throwing the bail over and don't usually realize unitl I'm all tied up and ready to go. For fun during spoonbill season we'll tie somebody's hooks on upside down when they're not looking, and my father fished for about an hour once before he reeled in and noticed that one.

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Were all guilty of mistakes that's for sure.

19. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    it could be worse you could be sitting there with your baitrunner on and a fish take of and you go to set the hook with the baitrunner still on.:embarassed:
    ive done this afew time and am ashamed to admit it.

20. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Well, I was filling up a reel and had just gotten the knot tied when I realized that I didn't run it through the first eye on the rod, which I always do. I cut the knot and started over, then I realized I had just done the same thing.

We rolled up to a fishing spot and realized we had no buckets with which to put our catch in (panfish); fortunately, we had a stringer and someone else had left a bucket there. We didn't catch anything worth keeping though.

Last 2 times we went fishing, I forgot my fishing license.

Yeah, I dread the thought of getting old; I'll forget left and right then.