The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
51,53,55,56,58,60,61,63,67. To many up to 50 to remember anymore. I fish the tn river from Saltillo landing up river tocravens landing and down river to the Clifton bridge. I use nothing but skipjack. Have tried live bait and have never got a bite. All have been caught over the last 5 years. I fish daily if possible. I’m retired and live at the river.
Very glad to see a post from that part of the Tn river . I bought a cabin on Beason Creek back upriver from Saltillo 3 years ago . So far I have caught 5 flatheads in the 40 range and several in the 30s , all have came from the 50ft hole and the 75ft hole close to the mouth of the creek.
I to am retired but live in Illinois and can't get there near as much as wanted.
I use bluegills and large skipjacks for bait , still lookin for a 50lber.
A problem I have with live bluegills is the smallmouth bass hittin them .

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’d like to tell you all about the monstrous, new world record, man eater flattie that I caught recently. But unfortunately, I have yet to break the 25# barrier. There are relatively large numbers of flats in our area but i haven’t yet figgered out how to convince one take my bait and join me on shore...and my hats off to those who are so successful!

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
838 Posts
I’d like to tell you all about the monstrous, new world record, man eater flattie that I caught recently. But unfortunately, I have yet to break the 25# barrier. There are relatively large numbers of flats in our area but i haven’t yet figgered out how to convince one take my bait and join me on shore...and my hats off to those who are so successful!
X2 for me. My biggest flat to date was 15lbs. I am eager to fish the big water for fall lunkers but finances and family issues are stopping me. Hopefully I will land one someday to get in this category.

·
Administrator
10,478 Posts
Doesn't have to be big water for trophy sized flatheads. This one and several others almost as big came from a river that is very shallow but having a few deeper holes here and there with a lot of structure. Jon and I were on it the other day and parts are between 2 ft and 18 inches deep.

And they are not all flatheads. That plywood is 4 feet wide.

Just like Catfish Dave says. "You don't know until you throw" and "all the possibilities start when that baited hook hits the water."

·
Registered
72 Posts
"X2 for me. My biggest flat to date was 15lbs. I am eager to fish the big water for fall lunkers but finances and family issues are stopping me. Hopefully I will land one someday to get in this category. "

Neill,
Hoping that those situations change For the better soon and you get a flattie biggun’ .

God Bless you my Friend!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts