How many of you guys fish Sangchris Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by izatt82, Mar 1, 2007.

1. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    just looking for a good geral area never been on sancris in a boat so just looking for ideas

thanks

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I fish sangchris quite a bit.. Lots of small channels and ALOT of BIG!!! Flatheads in there. Im confident the next state record flathead comming out of there.. I know a couple guys that came within 5 and 7 lbs of it last year.

There are TONS of great spots on that lake.
    Off the Damn, there is a rock line about 30 feet out (you'll see it on the fish finder) good spot for flatheads. Hot Ditch should be good this time of year..
    RipRap by the old cemetary.. Straight drop off at the bank there.. There are alot of christmas trees Crappie fishermen have dumped in there.. across from the damn, there is a line of sunken tree stumps....

3. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks for the info yeah im trying to get me a flat bottom that way i can really get some fishing in this year.

thanks

4. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live in Tovey I'm bout right on top of the lake thats my primary water I fish there are some huge flatheads in there I havent caught one yet but I plan to If you ever make a plan on comeing out here send me a pm if I'm not doing anything I'll meet ya I'm going to get my boat serviced today I wanna get it running top notch for this fishing season
    Trevor

5. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    man im just right down the road from ya taylorville.

6. bowhuntinbubba

bowhuntinbubba New Member

State:
    Illinois
    [fished there a few times. havint caught anything tho

7. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Anybody know what the water level is like down there right now? (specifically at strawkas point/hot ditch) i was down there last in mid-january and the water was too high for a shore fisherman to reach the water.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I haven't been out :embarassed: .. Keep us posted if you make your way out there...

9. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I went out to Sangchris today and the water was higher than I've seen in the last two years. There's almost no where to get to the shore by the hot water discharge. There were a lot of boats out, but nobody seemed to be catching anything (or letting me know about it anyway.)

There were lots of people up at the dam too, but nobody catching anything there either from what I saw.

Looks like the water might have actually dropped a couple inches from it's highest, so if the water level is dropping, that may partly explain the lack of bites. Could just be too early too..

10. izatt82

izatt82 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yeah i went to taylorville lake yesterday just to see if i could catch some blue gill or what ever. the bottom is really stirred up from the water running. didn't catch anything so maybe just not right conditions yet