How many of you are bass anglers?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Big B, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I am fairly new to catfishing but have been bass fishing for about 20 years. I just wanted to know how many of you enjoy throwing a spinnerbait , pitching a jig even tossing a crankbait (bass fishing in general). And what is your biggest bass. Mine that was weighed was 7lbs 11oz on an ultra light with a roostertail on 6lb line. I have caught a few that were a little bigger but had no scale.

2. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have bass fished all my life, but its just too much work..catfishing is a lot more enjoyable:big_smile: here is a pretty good one I caught a few years ago.. not sure of the weight but i'm guessing 7.5 My biggest one weighed over 8 pounds, I caught it and my wife took a picture, as soon as the camera went off I put it back, when the instant film finally showed the picture I realized i was standing way to far back and my hawg looked like a minner..

http://www.bigpumpkins.com/Diary/DiaryViewOne.asp?eid=3094

3. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Here is a picture of my 9 year old sons bass he caught when he was 5. It was between 6-7 lbs maybe more. That would be the one I'm holding. And a few pics of more recent fish he caught. The one where he is lipping was @ 8 years old and the one he's belly grabbing was a month ago on a 3 in tube rigged Texas style. He had me dye the tail for him. He caught 3 to my one.:smile2::wink:all of these bass were released.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q249/wiserb79/taylorsbigfish.jpg
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q249/wiserb79/TatesBass.jpg
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q249/wiserb79/Taylorsbass.jpg

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    bass?? what's that? oh yea, that's what those idiots in the fast boats that race from point to point to have fun are doing. :wink:
    gary

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brian, My love of fishing does not end or start with cats , I love fishing in general. Therefore I fish!!! I have caught to date a 9 lb largemouth ,from a pond and several that went over seven.

6. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have fished bass for years, my biggest largemouth weighed in a hair over 5 (they do grow slowly this far north). Also, there is way too much good fishing to only fish for cats here. Cats have always been my first love, but its hard to beat a topwater bass or casting for muskies.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    guess i should add so i don't look too bad that my best (yuck) bass was a 7.6 in new jersey.
    gary

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I enjoy draggin a jig or carolina rig the best but also like to knock a crank bait off a rock also. I love to bass fish or any other kind of fishin for that matter. Been known too shoot a few rats in the corn crib if no hunting seasons were open.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am part catfisherman and part bass fisherman! I love to bass fish.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I also bass fish a lot. My biggest was in Florida @ 8lbs. I mostly crankbait or plastic worm fish. In the colder months I'm also found trout fishing a lot so its Cats, bass, and trout for me...in that order. I shore fish so I go by what works best for what time of year. The nice thing about flatheads and bass are they both like live bream. If you get a bite on one its big and if its a Cat or Flathead I'm gonna like it ; )

11. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    A good day for me is to get on the New River at daylight for some of its great smallmouth action, then later in the afternoon head out to Claytor Lake with worms and an ultralight rod for some fun catching a bucket full of bluegills that I'll take out at dark for channel and flathead catfish. Go home around 2:00 a.m., get a few hours of sleep and start over again the next day. My dad started me fishing when I was really young and I still love it today. I fish year round for panfish, bass, trout and catfish. The New River in SW VA is famous for its smallmouth and the biggest I've caught was 6 lbs., 5 oz. The fishing has been so good that the certification was raised to 5 lbs. The state record is a little over 8 lbs. These smallmouths are just plain mean and put up tremendous fights.

mike in SW VA

12. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i am occasionaly in the mood to bass fish, but i dont nearly enjoy it as much as catching cats, crappie, and brim.

13. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    I started out catching bass. Now I catch catfish & bass.

14. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I caught a 3lb bass by accident a month ago when nightfishin' for cat's.Its the only one I've ever caught.I threw him back,but enjoyed the fight he gave me.

15. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hmm, Bass fishing is a big part of my life, if it wasn't for (as some people say)"In those fast boat being an idiot race point to point" I wouldn't be catfishing. Biggest smallie was 4lbs biggest large was 4 1/2 lbs Both where taken on a Zoom lizard texas style.

16. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I bass, crappie, cat, bluegill, spoonbill, and stripes love them all fish for them all so I can Injoy fishing YEAR ROUND. and fill the between time with my hunting. biggest large mouth 8.5 lbs, biggest pike 15.6, biggest crappie 4 lbs, biggest blugill 1 lbs, biggest spoonbill 33lbs, biggest bigheaded carp 64lbs, biggest channel 12 lbs, biggest blue 60lbs, biggest flat 39lbs, and biggest stripe was 14lbs. and here is two pics for the bass and pike made it to my wall.for I was only fifteen when I cought it and at that time it was the biggest fish I had ever cought. and the bass of that size is a big personal trophy for me for 8lbs bass in Ky are very rare to come by although I feel there are alot of them you just dont here of them being cought very often maybe lack of skill who knows but I have only come close it it once and it was a 7.5 and i've had several 6 to 7 pounders over the years.

Attached Files:

17. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    I love to bass fish, my biggest was a 12.44 caught on a texas rig lizard (watermelon red flake).

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was actually a bass,panfish,trout,striper man growing up. I caught the ocassional catfish by mistake back then. I was also a salt man growing up in Calif. Ill fish anything and have about 30 combos for fresh and salt from 1/2# to 200#.

19. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think my pic sums it up :0a22:

20. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I bass fished for years and to date my largest would be a little over 9#. My bro caught a 10.1# on my equip with me just standing there watching. Kinda hurt because I just flipped in the same spot a few seconds before he did and his cast paid off. I was happy to see him get it though. It landed us first place and biggest fish of the touney that cold miserable day.