How many of ya'll have fell down the bank while fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Katmaster Jr., Feb 6, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, how many of ya'll have fell down the bank while fishing? Got any stories? I only actually went all the way in one time and all I did was get my leg wet and then laughed it off. But I ALMOST fell in at a dam one time....now that would not have been good at all, it actually kind of scares me just thinking about it. There was alot of current and alot of rocks.

Zakk

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh yeah, or fell out of a boat or something?

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The red clay here in the south is like glass when it is wet!! Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!!

Be careful out there folks!! That damn story scares me! Falling out of small boats is another scary thing, especially in cold weather. I have a large boat and getting back in would be realitvely easy because it has a swim ladder. Getting back into a john boat would be a different story, especially in 45-50 degree water.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man that clay is just plain terrible. Always wear your life jacket when in your boat ya'll.:)

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i have gotten a run at the river on the baitrunner and as i ran towards it i tripped over a rock and went head first into the water. And im sure it will happen again judging by some of the spots i fish, right Mark;) :p

6. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    lol, lets see...
    i fainted into the water and my mom dragged my out....
    twice ive gotten my lure caught on the ground behind me, and gatten a birds nest the size of an eagles nest....
    and one time, i was hoppin out of a pontoon boat to the dock, my foot slipped on the dock, and my legs went in, but my arms kept me out of the water, but i rode the jetski right after that, so i didnt matter if i was wet lol

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    geez, i dont even know where to begin! if ya wanna have a good laugh, when your buddy(s) is passed out in his lawn chair, (drunk or just tired) tie his shoe laces together or on to the chair, whichever is easiest, then go grab his pole and start pullin the clicker. even while tied up they will still try to get to the pole!

8. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Zakk I was fishing with one of my uncles one day and took a swim. I casted out and took a step back and right out of the boat I went. It only took me a slip second to get out of the water and back in the boat. We were fishing in a small creek where the water is almost black and it's full of big gators. My uncle told everyone "He just stepped out of the boat". He said he had never seen anyone just step out of a boat like that and never seen anyone get into a boat as fast as I did.LOL

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Fell down to many times to count while fishing. Walked off the end of the dock once in the dark. (missed the ramp) Falling down happens a lot when wading small streams or on rivers with muddy banks.

10. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    I am with crazy on this one. I have fell down to many times to count. Now when I come home my wife asked me if I fell in before she asked if I caught anything:crying:

About two weeks ago I went out and had everything set up and a buddy of my calls and said he was on his way. Well when he got there being the good friend I am I walk the two hundred yards to the parking lot and help him carry his gear. Well as I am steping over the railing fo the parking lot I trip and land on my elbow hard. All 225lbs right on my elbow. Well he laughs until I take my coveralls off and blood is running down my arm. I put a two inch gash in my elbow and thought I broke it. It still is not right and hurts if anything touches it.

The price we pay for the sport we enjoy.

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Does rolling off into the creek while sleeping count, or falling head first into a drainage ditch, climbing out and falling back in backwards. It was called to much Seagrams. Sure am glad I dont do that anymore. We'll leave out anymore, can't remember all the times.

12. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    3 weeks ago i was crossing the creek and my foot got stuck in the mud and fell face first with my waders on. that water was so cold it took my breath away. i had to build a fire after that one.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish in some very dangerous locations, but I have never fell..I am sure it is bound to happen:crying:

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yup, happened to me.

Fishing with a few member of the BOC, Jose Quervo, Shanon, and little brother in downtown Columbus on the banks of the Scioto. We were packing up and I slipped on a plastic bag and went sliding down the concrete embankment. Just got the foot wet but that was enough. LMAO

15. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Probably would have been better to ask who has NOT fallen in. LOL Oklahoma Red Clay is some slick stuff when wet, but so Louisiana gumbo mud, Texas moss covered rocks, and that green stuff on the banks of the Arkansas. My wife thinks I might be clumsy or something, but, how would she know?
    Some day I'll relate the story of when my wife fell asleep in the back seat of the Ba$$ Buster that I had a long time ago. SPLASH, gurgle, blub blub.
    Hope she never reads this.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I wouldn't tell it if I had but if I have it would be an adult beverage's fault entirely.

17. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    The only time I remember that happening was when a snake came up out of a crack in the ground next to me.:eek:

18. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Jack it probably won'y happen to you...Mellon says you send your wife on all those missions...LOL:rolleyes:

19. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I went fishing on a sandbar one night and took my 4wheeler to haul my gear.When I was leaving I lost control of the 4wheeler while going up the river bank and when I came to I was back down on the sandbar with the 4wheeler upside down,my gear scatered all over the sandbarand I was so banged up I couldn't walk.I had to leave the 4wheeler and my gear(r&r,cooler chair,rod holders,lanterns and a 45 acp Glock handgun)crawl up the bank to my truck and I was just able to drive home.The next afternoon my wife helped me get the 4wheeler and my gear and a friend took his metal dector and found my Glock.You can bet I won't do that again!!!

20. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    I fell down the bank a few times! :sad: Must of been that funny tasting water I was forced to drink. :rolleyes: ;)