How many of us ...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Jul 7, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am an avid catfisherman that has found myself in a position where I am going to miss the entire catfish season. :angry:!! I am not real excited about missing so much fishing, but I have the best job in America so I don't really complain too much. This site has helped to fill this void in my year and has allowed me to really keep up on what's going on out there.

I WAS WONDERING how many BOC members use this site to keep in touch with what's happening in the catfish community, as a result of circumstances that are out of their control?

Please tell your story

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Go "AWOL" and correct the situation. LOL!

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Obviously not the best JOB in Americas.:smile2:

4. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Thats what I was thinkin........................

5. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would have to argue, I can't think of anything else that provides a person with so much satisfaction. I feel I have the best Job in America......................only there are some times when I am not in America

6. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think I understand where you are coming from because when I was still active duty with the Navy I would be deployed from 14 to 18 months at a time and wish I had known of the BOC!!!!!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The BOC is helping me stay in touch with all the pics of cats and reports since I haven't been able to fish since early May due to back problems and most likely it'll be at least August at the earliest before I'll be able to fish If not September just depending on how many surgeries and what kind they will be before I'll have an idea when I can get back into action. I'll get an idea the 16th when I see my Neurosurgeon when I may get back into action. I hope for the sooner rather than the later. This has been the longest ever that I've not been able to fish.....:sad2:

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Shane we are glad that you choose to come in here to the BOC to relieve yourself of the everyday stress and strain that you are going thru over there and we are honored and privilaged to be able to do so for all the military men that are over seas.

I personally thank all of you military men for helping to keep our freedoms free. Without you there probably wouldn't be this great website.

Thank you very much.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I travel a lot for work (two months so far this year in the hotel) and get stuck at times for a couple of weeks straight away from home and fishing. I do tend to spend a LOT of time on the site at the hotel when there's not much else to do. Lets me keep in touch with fishing buddies back home and think about where I'm gonna fish when I get back:big_smile:

Thanks for your service and as an ex-jarhead ('93-'97) who got lucky enough to never hear a shot fired in anger but did spend a lot of time in the field and overseas I appreciate the time you're spending away from home to do your job.

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I suspected that many of us used the BOC for "therapy"! I know it has made a difference for me and that my days are better when I am able to log on.

Thanks brothers/sisters, I hope that I can contribute good info/stories once I get back into the action. Good luck to all

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i have 5 years of navy active duty coming up in 28 days and the boc is definitly gonna be important to me.

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    REPS TO YOU FOR THAT DARLIN!! I appreciate you in the situation you are in, with the great attitude you have. You give me faith in mankind again...thanks!

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Cher,

Thanks for you kind words. I think you would be amazed at the number of soldiers who share my attitude. The news/press try to make it something that it is not. just for the record ***Most of the soldiers who are whining and crying are people who never leave the large operating bases and never have to worry about their safety anyway. The combat soldier (who hardly ever gets talked to because of the "danger") typically does not share these attitudes.

Thanks again, sorry about that little epidsode.