How many of us are there?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bilyjojimbob, Feb 6, 2007.

1. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How many of us are out there and how often do we fish? Ive heard talk of what we could do collectively and was wandering how many active fishermen "we" are.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    well there are 10,000 members to this site and countless guest come through every day. Is that what you are asking? It's gonna be a real long thread if everybody post on it. I think everybody that is a member of this site is at least a recreational fisher. Maybe the admin can give you more details on exact numbers daily and such.

3. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I tried to start a poll to do just that but I cant?

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Active for me involves once if not twice a week from the middle of March to the end of November. Got this thing called "WORK" goin on. What a drag! LOL! Really puts a damper on things. LOL! I can't get anyone to go when it gets colder. That and the ramps on the river all have the floating docks that get pulled out around the beginning of December. Makes for a real challenge launchin the boat when they are gone. LOL! Spend most of the winter workin O/T to build up the war chest for the other months.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I too am a 2-3 +/- times a week recreational fisherman and there is no WORK to interfere. There are other interests I enjoy...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm like Jeb but I only go 1-2 times a week during the summer months.:smile2:

7. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I won't say how many times I go a week during the spring/summer/fall months.

I'l just say that from mid April to late September I'll usually spend 30+ hours a week on the water.

8. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i go fishing all year around i cant help it if i dont get to go i start getting cranky lol but i go in the rain,snowand when ever i can get a chance

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I get cranky all winter long because I'm not out fishing. But, I just can't stand being out in the cold. I have very little natural insulation and my toes and fingers (not to mention my ears and nose) get cold very quickly. I may love fishing too much, but I won't endanger what health I have for it.

This year I was in Mississippi curing November and the first half of December, so I was able to get out and do some fishing then. Staved of the withdrawal symptoms for a little while at least.

I thought about going yesterday (temps in the mid 40s), but I won't drive for an hour to go fishing on a weekday and all the water closer than that was frozen through. And no, I don't go ice fishing (and didn't trust the ice to be thick enough).

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I enjoy fishing year round as my family, job and other things allow me to go. So about 160-175 trips a year for me both fresh and saltwater.

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    83 days logged fishing last year. Does that make me a regular? :lol:

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am a recreational fisherman, but I dont go enough.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I fish year round rain or snow ill be out there if im not at work i have to go at least once a week but lately work has been cutting in on my fishing time :beat_brick:

14. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I'll average one trip a month. For freshwater, this correlates to the stocking schedule.

I'll go saltwater fishing about twice a year. It's too expensive to go much more often.

-- Rich

15. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    I go when I can which isn't enough for me.
    When I was single and in school I went 2,3,4,5 times a week most of the year.

16. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    From march-nov even if its just 20 minutes at the trout stream near work, I try to go 5-6 times a week. Everyday when i can:big_smile:

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I go every sat and sunday that it is above 50.. I never could handle the cold weather... Once I retire it'll probably be 6 or 7 times a week..

18. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I fish year round, dont usually go 3 weeks without fishin

19. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    hey im james im from ohio....my fishing spots are in the muskingum river and if the spot behind my house wasnt frozen i would have the lines soaking right now but in a few more days ill be back out there soaking them