How MANY Nights Would Ya Like To Fish?... For The Married!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 17, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just responded to a recent thread on how many nights a week do you fish. Well, this was a question I used to take pride in..... But,,,,,,,,,,,,,, with two words ( I DO) and the addition of a child to my lastname, with another in the oven..... this question went from alot, to some, to a little, to none hardly! LOL... When trying to answer.... So This thread is dedicated to the catmen that is dedicated by heart, and by time in the past.... But, is locked down like myself now due to having other priorities and family issues... How many nights a year would ya, do ya, and do ya dream about fishing?????:smile2: rollo

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    DREAM ABOUT DOING IT EVERYDAY. WIFE IS O KAY WITH TWICE A WEEK . AND IF I'M REALLY SNEAKY I CAN SLIP IN A EXTRA DAY TO CATCH BAIT. BUT I KNOW WHERE YOUR COMING FROM BECAUSE I SPENT THE PREVIOUS EIGHTEEN YEARS WISHING I WENT ONCE A MONTH ,WHICH I SELDOM DID.

3. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Atleast 2 times a week. That would keep me happy. My wife will let me go 2 times a week if the kids are behaving. I take my daughter somtimes, she loves to go and it makes it easier on my wife with the 2 boys.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like to go everyday but the wife says once a week is sometimes too much. :sad2: But she does say that when i do go i'm not grouchy.:confused2::smile2:

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like to be able to fish 3 days a week, I only fish one day a week now...My wife would not be upset if I fished more...But I feel quilty leaving her home alone with the baby while I enjoy my pastime

6. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I would atleast once a week but I know where you come from. Wife 3 kids and work theres just not a whole lot of time for it anymore. Maybe when the kids are older I'll get more time on the water with them.

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    well with my home lake being just a couple miles away, and the boys old enough to go, we go on average 3 to 4 times a week,but when we first got togather and we were changing diapers 50 times a week, it still was'nt a problem for me to go fishin 2 or 3 times a week,cause she alwas liked the idea that i was a sportsman,and not sitting on the bar stool every day. gota love her for that.

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i forgot to mention that she loves it when i take the boys fishing ,this gives her time to relax,or go shopping

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well with the age the boys are now I could probably get away with 2 times maybe 3 but she likes to fish too so she would be going 1 or 2 of them days.

That being said with all of the Kids Bday parties they go to and homework I need to do I can sometime only go once

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    being I'm retired now and the kids or gown and the wife still works I'll fish 3 to 5 days a week being the river is only 1 1/2 miles from the house.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    From mid-April to end of October, I average 5 nights per week hunting giant river cats. The other 2 nights are dedicated to my family (girlfriend and dog).

Getting married and especially having little ones will have a drastic change in your fishing life.

The only thing I have to say to you fellas is train your children well like my father did in the sport of fishing. If you get them hooked on fishing like my father did, fishing will come at a more occurence when your kids get big and you can take them with you.

My father was married to my mother and had 4 kids but seemed to manage to fish with my brother and I alot.

12. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    well jason i am married but i go prolly2-3 or more nights a week, but i remeber when the kids were younger i was in your shoes, its hard i know, but even back then id slip out a few nights a week or on the weekends lol

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    i hear ya man, 1 day a week is all I get without catching the fury from the wife. I miss my little man when i am gone though, so it kind of evens out I guess. He is 3 so soon he will be with me fishin all the time anyway..:roll_eyes:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well I'm not actually married, after over 7 years might as well be...:roll_eyes::smile2:
    No kids yet(I have a feeling thats gonna change within the next year:wink:) and I only get out once or twice a week. If my health were better I'd be out a whole lot more than I am. I wish I was fishing everyday! :wink:

15. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like to get out at least once a week to keep my sanity but sometimes in the early spring I would like to go every night when the bite is on.
    During the winter when I fish for walleyes and ice fish, I try to get out every other weekend depending on the weather.

16. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    the kids being gone now makes things easier i can go everyday if i wanted to but usually do just 3-4 gotta keep the wife happy lol

17. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Some of you already know I usually work three weeks on and three weeks off in Alaska. With two days of travel i'm home about 19 days and I'll fish some on about 14 of those days. Some days all day and others maybe a couple of hours. Wife ain't got a problem with it cause she is with me 95% of the time.

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would like to fish 3 times a week. I would also like my family to accompany me 2 of those times, BUT, I really enjoy being on the water my myself or with someone who is a little less maintanence. :wink:

19. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i just got married end of july and my fishing hasn't really slowed down, i just don't get out as much cause i can't find anyone ta go out with, all my buddies are married and can't get out as often.:angry:

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just found out some good news ...:wink: rollo