How many more races

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by beetle, Mar 12, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How many more cup races on fox? Their coverage of the race sucks! They are spending way too much time not showing the race. Every time there is a pass for first or a crash they are either at commercial or talking among themselves behind their desk about what JR is doing or not. They have plenty of prerace BS that they can tell you how some body grew up or how the safety devices work on the cars. I tune in to see the race. This year they break away from the race for how many questions and polls? The new 3d BS to show how a save was made or a pass. It looks to me like a play station game, if they were covering the race I would have seen it for my self. They have to show reporters in the pits telling you what the crew chiefs are saying...can't they just tell you while we see the race? Like they used to. In the middle of the race they go to a desk shots like its some kind of sports talk show and talk about moves on the track...give me a break! I am just about fed up enough to quit watching...I would just listen to it on radio but in my area the races are not covered on any stations AM or FM. Sorry about the rant but I have had enough of Fox race coverage.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im not sure how far you are from Columbus, if you can get Eagle 95 (I believe its 95.5 FM) that is one of the radio stations that you can get it.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    beetle - I hear you brother! It's to the point I almost don't care anymore. That's really sad for me to say cause we actually plan our family vacation around a race, my wife and I went to D.E.I. on our honeymoon, we have a whole Nascar room in our house but anymore they are just pi**ing me off! I didn't even watch the Vegas race which was unheard of up till now. Maybe I'll get my Nascar battery recharged but for now I'm not too excited with the way they are doing things!

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I completely agree. I can't stand the way they won't cut a commercial short when a wreck happens.:sad2:

5. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Nothing new there. Fox's coverage of sports has always sucked IMO. Remember back when they tried to cover hockey games with that stupid glowing puck? I actually *try* to miss the beginning of the races now so I don't have to endure DW's stupid "boogity boogity blah blah blah". "Reach up there and pull those belts down tight..." OK time to go get a drink in the kitchen. Fox's coverage makes me want to go buy a dog so I'll have something to kick :wink:. Ok, not really. Hopefully TBS (or is it TNT?) will do a better job in the second half of the season.

Jon

6. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I always turn the volume down on fox, while I listen to the races on 970 am.

7. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    David, My dad does that with college basketball games. Turn the volume down and listen to Rock 92. I think I may just stop watching races on TV all together. Get a small radio and put it on the boat while I go fishing.

Jon

8. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    They are just following what NBC started five years ago. When the get the chalk board and pointer out then they have gone toooooooo fare.

With tech. today why don't they use the half screen method. Stay with the race action but put all the junk on only half of the screen!