How many members go ice fishing?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Sep 27, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    As i was checking over my ice fishing equip. yesterday, i got to wondering how many members ice fish? I started ice fishing four yrs. ago, up untill that time, i thought they were nuts. Now waiting for first ice, im like a kid waiting for Santa.:big_smile: A total stranger i met in our local bait shop,got me started,and i am now a ice fishing fanatic. That total stranger is now my best friend, and our two families our inseperable. Up here we fish for yellow perch, walleye, northern pike, lake trout, and smelt. Our season usually lasts from Dec. through March. If youve never tried ice fishing youve got to give it a try. With the right equimpment, its awesome, and the fishing, can be fast and furious. Its also a great way to introduce kids to fishing, because of the non stop action, they dont get bored.:0a18:

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    im hopefully going to this winter. i really want to try it.

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I dont know if you call it ice fishing or not, but I usually chase the ice right to the bottom of the cocktail glass! Sometimes I catch one but usually they fill it back up and let me play the game again. The more you drink though the harder it is to catch them ice cubes.

LOL

I do ice fish- You have to in order to survive the winter as a fisherman here. The tough part is cutting the right length hole for the distance of casts I make, but I found that using less weight helps out a lot.

ROTFL

Seriously.... I do ice fish. Its a lot of fun to sit for endless hours staring down a hole in a dark shanty waiting to see them lil buggers come into view, then take the waxworm or minnow. its relaxing.

-sal

4. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I enjoy ice fishing even though I have not had a lot of success with it. Don't get to go a lot mainly because I don't trust the ice that much. If theres a foot or more I'll go and that does not happen a lot around here. :lol:

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Been ice fishing for 40 years. Can't beat a mess of crappie or bluegill fillets fresh caught out of cold water.