How many lines do you fish.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    In Iowa you can only legally fish 2 lines at a time by rod and reel. I am pretty good at sticking to that. I usually fish with another person and usually 4 lines total is plenty to keep track of while fishing out of a boat. How many lines do you fish?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Here in Ohio you can only use 2 R/R combinations. You can have 2 hooks on each.

3. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    yeah in ohio u can only use two poles but at paylakes yoyu can use more if you pay extra. i usually fish wit atleast four myself.two top and two bottom.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I nomally use one or two rod and reels.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If bank fishing, I usually use 3 poles. If fishing from a boat, I will put out 2 trotlines with 15 hooks each, and R&R with 3 poles. Sometimes I think it's too many to keep track of, but I seem to lose poles these days. Last time I fished on the river, I only took 2 poles. One was a catfish pole, and the other was a bass spinner rigged for catfish. My big pole got pulled from the boat rod holder and all. Then I only had 1 flimsy rod to fish with.:angry:

6. vince

vince New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    1 rod only thats the law! But if you fish a boarder water like the St Croix or the Red River you can use two...

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    5 poles is about as many as I can handle by myself, but sometimes that's too many - last time I was out, I couldn't keep more than 3 in the water at the same time as they were biting too fast....

8. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where allowed I would look like a Tuna Boat . In Oklahoma the rule is something like 7 or 10 a piece talk about mass chaos if ya got in a good bite.:eek:oooh:

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Only 2 here in Nebraska....

Wait till you find out how many those good folks from Oklahoma can use........ Makes me a bit jealous!

Kenny

10. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Ain't that bad here, you can use up to 7 rods in OK. Most of the time I only use 3 rods at the local lakes.
    If you want to talk about using rods, in Tx you're allowed to use up to 100 hooks, which can be used as 1 hook per rod. So how would you like to use 100 rods at once.
    Will

11. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They say we can use 7 here in Ok but if you can keep 7 Rig's going when the bite is on than you are working to hard((((I say that but Iv ALLWAYS got about 10+ with me))) ....

12. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I talked to a warden on a heavily regulated reservoir here in NC. He told me that there was no limit on lines or hooks. I usually set out 3 lines. If they're biting good I go down to 1.

13. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    With 3 or more knowledgeable fisherman in the boat, I fish 8 poles. With just me and my partner, we fish 6. You're right Willy, we do look like a Tuna boat - checkout the picture. FYI - the rods are up there when running out to our holes. I use twelve Driftmaster rod holders spaced around the back 2/3's of the boat when fishing.

Attached Files:

14. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    When I am trolling or drifting I use 4-6 depending on if someone is with me. Anchoring I use 6-8, again depending on if someone is there to help.

15. channelcathunter64

channelcathunter64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i usually fish 2 rods per person

16. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As many as I can keep track of. If there is a lot of action going on, I may take it down to three or four, but if it is dead I may fish 6 or 7

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    2 in ohio, 3 or 4 in kentucky or Indiana

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I usually fish 2 rods. If it is really slow or if I am testing some of my homemade concoctions, I may fish 3.

19. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    From my kayak, I usually fish 4 or 5 rods. Bank fishing, I've put out as many as 7, though about 6 is my usually number. Texas has no limit on the number of rods.

20. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Bank Fish And I Generally Use 2 Or 3.