How Many Kids are Enough?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was just wondering what the kid average was for BOC members.

17 years into our marriage, my daughter decides to come along, that was 6 1/2 years ago, since then my wife has been collecting kids. We have our 16 year old niece, my 6 1/2 year old daughter, my 6 1/2 year old granddaughter and my 3 year old granddaughter living with us.

Now my wife is on the kid collecting spree again. We have been trying to adopt my wifes 10 year old cousing (boy) who is in foster care and up for adoption (slow process), then last night she tells me, we are getting a 2 1/2 year old girl and a 2 month old boy...these are foster kids right now, but the mother has already told my wife she wants us to adopt them.... so that will put me at 7 here real soon...

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wow Thats a house full. I'm GOOD with my GROWN SON and my 12 yr old daughter,I dont think I got near enough patience for even one more. Reps to ya for the foster thing tho. Its a good thing ,If done under the right circumstances. Theres a family here ,Makes a LIVING by fostering kids from the state,He's a good enough guy,but I THINK its all for the wrong reasons.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gary glad to here you and your wife are opening your heart's and home to these childeren ,Every child need's a mom and dad to guide and help them grow in life.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    We have one son an got a new daughter last sept when our son got married :cool2:

5. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Kids are great. I have known families that had a houseful of kids. I think they were the best families to be around. Always something going on. The kids appreciated the things in life more. If I could do it again. I would have a houseful too.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Reps to ya brother, that is more than most people should have to put up with, and it seems like you are doing it out of the goodness of your heart too. Your a good fella, it is a shame though that you have to do this, but Reps to you.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am sure there are people out there who do it for the money, my wife grew up in foster homes, and has told me some of the horror stories about them. I think that is why I loose money on every kid we have in our home.... The last little boy we fostered came to us his only possession was what he was wearing.... He left 3 weeks later with new clothes, shoes, a new bike and of course a new fishing pole... I never did recieve anything from the state on him.... If you actually use the money for what it is suppose to be used for it never stretches far enough....

8. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    I think that you guys are so thoughtful and loving to give your time and lives to help these childern. Kudos to you and your wife...:big_smile:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I got a 17 year old son at home and a 21 year old daughter that just got married. So now Ihave a son in law. They live in there own home:big_smile:

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Knowing that you have unselfishly opened doors for these youngsters who may not have had a chance otherwise has got to give you a warm feeling of pride and self. Kudos to you and the Mrs. for what you're doing. Stay safe and may God Bless:wink:

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    How many is enough? How many ya want? How many can ya take care of? Some folks figure to have one kid and stop, some have as many as possible. They are a challenge, but the rewards are also great. One child is enough for some folks, but there is no variety there.

Its a pretty good thing to help out kids who got no one else. There will be times ya wonder if ya did the right thing and days ya know ya did,

12. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Boomer you and your wife are special people.I hope the Blessings outweigh the hardships in yalls life.:big_smile:

13. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have 2 children ages 41 & 46. Also 2 step children. Sometimes I use to think that was 15 to many and sometimes 15 to few. We also have 12 grand children plus 2 great-grand sons. Didn't get to spend much time with the grand children due to work, living in different areas etc. But now that we are retired we try our best to make up lost time by spending more time with the great-grand children. In fact it would be nice to have a few more. ( you can always take them home to there parents after you spoil them):big_smile_2:
    Have you ever had the phone ring at 1:00 AM and have a 4 year old who lives 75 miles away ask you to "pick me up". ( Yes I got in the truck and went and got him. :big_smile:

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    1 kid here. thats too many sometimes for the worry aspect of it. he will be driving soon too, whole new set of worries then. maybe i just need to see the doctor for sedation beer dont work anymore? lol

15. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We have 6. 3 boys, 3 girls. All are married with kids. 10 Grandkids. It has been a blast raising them. They all turned out great.

16. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Right now we only have two foster children, but we usually have three. Plus our three. Ages range from 2 to 17. We had three brothers but one was certified as an adult and another got to go home. The other one wants us to adopt him. We already have a new foster boy to replace the oldest one we lost and they are finding one to replace the other. We usually have therapeutic children which require extra training. People think the money is good but by the time you buy these kids the same things as your other children and pay for sports you pretty much break even. The only foster girl we had did not leave until she was 19 and is wanting to move back already! It's hard when they leave because everyone gets attached to the kids.

17. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Man.....you got some BIG shoulders. I know it may be tough and scary sometimes never knowing what to expect, but apparently you have the heart and the partner to give life back to those who really deserve to have a little happiness and security. There's not enough reps on the entire internet for folks like you and the missus. I'll bet a pat on the back goes a long way in your house. Hope you get a lot more of 'em.

Besides.....who else ya gonna get to tote all your gear for ya ?

18. Just_a_feller

Just_a_feller New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My hat is off to you my friend, we have one daughter, son in law and four grands. The fourth is just 3 weeks old. I have had 7 stepchildren and was proud to be part of their lives. ( they all still call me Daddy) I promise you that the blessings you will receive will outway the heartaches you will have..