How many kayaking anglers are out there?

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by jeremiad, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I was thinking that perhaps the BOC might be proactive and encourage the catfishing kayakers of the brotherhood!

One way they could accomplish this would be to create a forum especially for kayaking catfishermen... How many of you would like to contribute your input on such a forum?

2. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    Wouldn't have much input, but would love to have the info available in one area.

I am very interested in kayak cattin'.

I am in the process of rigging my kayak now, and am gathering idea as we speak.

Would love any hint/ tips I could get from the brotherhood of kayak catters.

3. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I'm not fishing if there are gators bigger than the boat...lol.

4. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    C'mon, folks. I know there are several kayakers out there already who have not posted.

Get on board so that the BOC Moderators can see how many of us out there are Cattin' Yakkin'!

There may be a forum dedicated to cattin' yakkin' in our future!

5. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Been at it a couple of years now. Love that Kayak Kitty Chasing....especially the towing. Aw Gators don't much bother Yakkers (so far):big_smile:

Rick

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I ussually catfish in the jon boat or canoe, but I fish some small rivers near me in a kayak for smallmouth.
    Chip

7. GatorAg03

GatorAg03 New Member

State:
    Texas - I move a lot
    I usally stick to the bays or the ocean in mine. If I do catfish, I use it to get to tough to reach places and fish from the bank. The forum sounds interesting though.

8. bolivar 0637

bolivar 0637 New Member

State:
    Alma, Arkansas
    I have been using a kayak to fish from for about 2 or 3 months and would like to hear from others that are using kayaks.

9. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    after seeing my brothers kayak i to got one haven"t done much cating out of it but as soon as the spawn is over i plan on jugging some of the creeks around here. you sure can access some places that you cant otherwise. i would love to see the kayaking forum.
    boliver

10. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Please open up a Yak Board for us. I have been fishing off of my yak for 3-4 years primarly ocen and bay also but have found the rewards of fishing for kitties on my yak. I will advise I am terrified to death of the gator but hell i rather get eaten by a gator than go out getting hit by a drunk driver!
    Tight lines Guys!

:boss::boss::boss::boss:

11. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Add me to the list, in the process of setting up a kayak for fresh and saltwater use. I am very lucky in being within 10 miles of both excellent tidal flats for redfish, flounder and seatrout and a couple of semi-wild brackash streams that hold lots of bream, bowfins, catfish and bass.... Ahhhh life is good

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I think it would be a good idea as well, but i dont believe there are enough of us to warrant the expense!!

13. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    Well, Steve, I figured that if they have the following forums on Catfish1.com...

NHL Talk
    Art Appreciation
    BigG - Tea talk NFL
    Antique Shop

I think a kayak catfishing forum would be quite in line with the BOC mission! :wink:

14. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    You'd think so wouldn't ya !!! ...:cool2:

15. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Have been looking into this as a way to increase my range of fishing. Maybe it should be a Kayak and canoe area.
    Over here around Truman lake I think it would also be a blast for fishing the many trees in the water for crappie.

16. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    What's great about kayak catfishing is that you can troll two lines (or more, if you can rig it), from behind you while you drift. If you are careful, you can get closer to snags and cover than with any other craft. I also cast away from the shoreline if I don't have to concentrate too much on the changing water depth.

When a catfish strikes, you're in for quite a ride! :0a23:

17. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I was an avid ocean yakker in NJ for stripers off the coast. Left my yak in jersey. Now I beat my head against the wall everytime I think about it :sad2:

18. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Wall abuse is a serious matter Terry!!!! LOL

19. FlashGordon

FlashGordon New Member

State:
    Texas
    I went trotlining a number of times last year on Lake Palestine. Really enjoyed it. Went with one of my sons. We mounted an ice chest on his kayak so as I gathered the kitties, I could dump them in his ice chest. Worked really well with two of us. This year I bought a motor boat :0a22:and there's something about those monthly payments makes me feel an obligation to use it:tounge_out:. When I get some kind of kayak rack for my truck, I plan to take the kayaks and tow them behind the boat so I can get into those places the boat won't go.

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've committed to building two for us this winter.
    We've got some nice flatheading water that kayaks will be perfect for.
    I have decided on one of the plans I have. Its a 15 footer.
    She'll weigh in at 35-45 pounds.