How many ducks did you guys kill this year?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by DuckHunterChuck, Feb 21, 2006.

1. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I shot 57. it was a good year for kansas. i shot em with my black eagle. i also got 5 with a compund bow!!1 :) thats was an exciting hunt! Im lookin forward to the next season. it is by far my favorite thing ever!! also, i have been chasing geese for like 3 years and i havent killed one yet. does anyone have any tips??

2. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    I killed 15 ducks this year. It was horrible. The fact that I go to school and wasn't home but for three weaks in duck season didn't help either. We had no rain in central texas and all of the rivers and lakes were down at least 7 feet. We did get into some geese though. I have a buddy that shot 101 teal during teal season alone, but he lives up in the panhandle of texas. Duck hunting was good up there. There are a couple of really good threads on goose hunting up you should check them out. If you still have questions give me a holler.

3. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    This is the first year in about 10 years i haven't made it out hunting... Guess i have an excuse, my son was born right before the season opened. There is always next year though !

4. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I killed 1 for every time I went duck hunting. So that makes it.....um...let's see.......0. Katrina ripped the swamp I duck hunt. Usually hunt at least twice a week during duck season. Couldn't get to it this year. Duck hunting's one of my favorite things to do, hands down.

5. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I shot around 60 or so here in Missouri. It was an awesome season while I was here hunting. I spent the majority of the season in Louisiana filming. God bless.

6. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We don't get alot of birds here in Ga. but none the less we shot a few woodies in the swamp got into some ringnecks all total about 15 or so. 3 geese one banded. Probably the best season I have had in Ga. new Xpress helped alot.

7. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I shot a limit each time I went in north west Louisiana. Didn't get a chance to go but a few times, but I saw more ducks during Teal season than I saw all of last year combined. I usually hunt a couple of ox-bows on the Red River and they were wrapped up with big ducks this year. Hope next year is as productive as this year was.

8. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    Hey charlie you want to know how to kill a goose, just bring Brian Sax and they come flying. Nice job on the bow, what kind you shoot? If i go with you next year be ready to get shown up, I will get 58.

9. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would say the hunts I was on I prolly saw 500 ducks killed, myself Id say I prolly killed 150 ducks. It was a great year for ducks here in Missouri. I mainly hunted Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area here in MO, but also manage a hunting club and hunted there and spanked them (Club was hunted 22 times and averaged 4.8 birds a hunter all year), I hunted our private lands near Grand Pass and did pretty well and went home to Illinois a few times for some good hunts. This year was BAD for the geese though. I prolly killed 10-15 geese this year where last year I prolly killed 40-50 myself. It was a very bad year. Teal season here was awesome as well!

10. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    umm this year i got a hen shoveler and a drake wigeon.

11. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    this year i got a hen shoveler and a drake wigeon. hey i dont know if you remember me but i took hunter safety with you. and we would always sit together.

12. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    also a tip for geese is to learn how to call. if you learn how to call a goose you can bring them in. but ya thats relaly all i chased this year and a few ducks if they came by(very vaigly) but ya goose this season was my main focus

13. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL. Sounds like my season.

14. Southedisto

Southedisto New Member

State:
    SC
    I think my count was 21 woodies, lost 3 woodies, bagged one canadian and lost one canadian. Did not hunt as near as much as I would have liked to, laziness played a big part of that though.

15. jblahuta

jblahuta New Member

State:
    texas
    i got a grand total of about 25-30 max. a terrible year thanks to the heat. got a few limits of geese. looking forward to hunting idaho the next couple of years though.

16. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    I Got In On 75 Duck Kills On The Days I Hunted. My Buddie I Hunted With Part Of The Season; His Blind Killed Over 300 In A Half A Season, Do To Freezing Out. Had A Few Good Goose Days But January Was To Warm In Illinois.

17. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think i got a total of 6 canadians this years. I only got to go 3 times. But for my second season i love this sport more and more every time i go. If were to brag about the number of dove i shot this year thought it would be another story.

18. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    Got 174 ducks this season. including my first band. mallard drake from sask.

19. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job on the drake widgeon Rajun! I had one sitting about 80 yards out from me one day hanging with a couple weary blacks and they all finally swam off. I wanted the bald one so bad. Maybe some day. Just don't see many of them in my neck of the woods.

20. BigTimeWaterFowler

BigTimeWaterFowler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I probably killed about 20 ducks and 7 geese. it was a pretty slow season for me and I didnt get hunt much. I only shot 3 greenheads all season.:sad: Oh well I cant wait until next year.