How Many Do You Own?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ozzy, Sep 21, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just how many bow's do you all own? I just bought my first one and already thinking about more.....Longbow, recurve, more compounds. The bug has bit and it looks contagious. If I dissapear its because I cant pay my internet bill and will be standing by the freeway with a sign " will work for arrows". :crazy:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got 3 compounds. Hoyt,PSE and an old pearson i shoot trash fish with. I'ld like to have a longbow but doubt i'ld ever be good enuff to hunt with it. Will werk for arrows:smile2::smile2::smile2: I like that. Let me know if it works for ya.:wink:

3. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I only have one. My trusty 2000 Hoyt Defiant. I would like to have a nice recurve someday!

4. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have 5 bows all compound. I have a mathews, bear,golden eagle,browning,and i think the 5th is a pse i havnt got them out since i bought my mathews 4 seasons ago but i think i will now just to see if there ok. It is definately contageous and expensive,but if you dont loose or break your arrows in the long run its cheaper than shooting a gun. To me anyway

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Yup, 5 bucks for an hour at BPS or free in my warehouse. I cant shoot bullets in the city. Big reason I wanted a bow. :cool2:

6. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    I got 5 -2PSE's, Reflex, Martin, and an old Indian Archery bow. Yeah its expensive thats for sure. Good luck to ya bro.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Presently I own only one bow. A Hoyt Katera. I like to update every 2-3 years. I shoot my friend's recurve and longbow for fun. Would like to purchase a traditional bow someday. If I kept all the bows I bought over the years, my wife would kill me. LOL Here's a rundown of them.

1. Browning Ballistic Mirage 2
    2. Hoyt Tenacity 2
    3. Mathews Q2
    4. Hoyt Vortec
    5. Hoyt Razortec
    6. Hoyt Trykon
    7. Hoyt Katera

If think that's all of them. LOL!:wink:

8. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    2 bows. One old PSE Carrol Intruder. Killed a lot of deer. And one old Ben Pearson 35# long bow for bow fishing. I used my hunting bow for 3D shoots too. Great sport.

9. Scatter Shad

Scatter Shad New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got 5 bows, 3 compounds, pse durango,bowtec stalker and bear magnum hunter. my fav is the recurve an old pearson 43# draw its a blast to shoot. I also have a cross bow but it collects dust I think thats just cheating unless you can pull back a bow due to accidents or injuries.

10. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I have 4 that i'm shooting;

Mathews VX pro, hunting
    Mathews MQ1, spot target
    Mathews Conquest 3, 3-D
    Sky Archery (the original Hoyt, signed by Earl Hoyt Jr.) long bow, just for fun.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've had several bows ,some new some used but i always go back to my carroll intruder. Caroline made first string on my team when i first bought her and will remain there as long as i'm able to play the game.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I have a PSE "beast" it was an entry level bow back in 2001. at the cost of new bows now adays, should the beast die, I'll be cutting down saplings to try to make my own long bow.

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i own two. i have my Bear Truth(love it) and my Bear Forkhorn that i use for bowfishing, bowfishing is probably one of the most fun things ive ever done

14. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have 4 bows as of right now and im not planning on buying any anytime soon. They are;
    Bear whitetail
    High Country Max Force
    Mathews Conquest 2
    Bow tech Old Glory

15. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Back in the 3-D days(90's) me and the wife had 17 bows in the house,bow(or 2) for everything..........dots, NFAA, 3-D, stickbows, hunting. I'm down to my hunting bow and a couple of sticks, son(12) has a wheelbow and a stick, wife just gave up.

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have 6 recurves and 2 compounds. The compounds never go in the woods anymore.

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I think I might have picked an expensive hobby, more than guns or fishing. I gotta learn this one well before I think about another. Seriously I'm thinking 1 longbow and 1 recurve along with my compound and I should be good. I know, famous last words. :roll_eyes:

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ozzy, it's not all that expensive unless you fall for all the bells and whistles. Martin makes a good long bow for under $200. The most I've paid for a recurve is $45 at a pawn shop. My main one cost $12 at a yard sale. A good fletching jig will save you a lot of money and trips to the bow shop.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hear ya. I can catch fish on a zebco just as well as a gold plated wallet divider. I paid 370.00 for my compound, not to bad I think.

20. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    right now ive got 2 bows and they are classics. one is a 1986 bear whitetail 2 i bought from my cousin who cant bowhunt anymore due to shoulder problems. its gott all the "bells & whisles" on it, ive also got a 1990 bear whitetail classic. it needs an arrow rest, stabilizer and a decent set of sights. around 3 years ago i swapped one of my old browing compounds (limbs were made of wood can ya believe that?) for a brand new bear whitetail 2 and my cousin just happend to steal it. i was so dern mad. my first bow was a black bear made of course by bear archery. thats 5 bows ive owned in 5 years. also got a little play toy for shooting carp its a little 15# recurve that will break down and fit in your backpack. aint got no power for big game of course but i do shoot alot of carp with it. even shot a squirrel out of a tree with it. got a few rabbits and even a robin sitting on the ground.