How many do we have now?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by photocat, Mar 9, 2006.

1. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    All the MD fishermen on here... Where are you and what waters are you fishing? I'd like to see some MD pride on here, we have some very good places to fish through out the state and i want to see who's here with me for these great fighting fish.

Im in Howard County, Columbia to be specific, i fish anywater way that i can get my line wet on and know how to get to including:
    Middle Patuxent River
    Patuxent River
    Sassafras River
    Centenial Lake
    Lake Elkhorn
    Rocky Gorge
    Tridelphia
    Lake Kittimaquandi
    Potomac River
    Some other little small ponds in my area (for bait mostly)

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Nice Bryan will be great to see where everybody is fishing. I guide on the potomac and do 80% of my fishing there from DC to greenway flats. I also hit the Susquehanna, Choptank and the upper Potomac around whites ferry some.

3. hodx

hodx New Member

State:
    diz
    You can see I like to travel a lot

Loch Raven Res.(For Big Crappie)
    Liberty Res.(Stripers and Walleye)
    Prettyboy Res.(Big Smallmouth Bass)
    Piney Run Res.(Stripers and Cats}
    Triadelphia Res.Walleye,Musky and Cats)
    Rocky Gorge Res.(Walleye)
    Deep Creek Lake(Big Panfish)
    Unicorn Pond(Big Pike)
    UpperBay(Cats and Carp and Perch and Croaker)
    Chicoteague(Flounder of course)
    Susquehanna River(Shad and Cats and Perch)

4. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Ohk i know that there are more then just me, Tim and Herman out there fishing MD waters... Come on, don't be shy about posting...

5. chesapeakecarper

chesapeakecarper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Upper Bay rivers, especially Chester as a home water. Tukahoe/Choptank another closeby fav. Learning Northeast and the Flats/Susky.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Welcome pat hope we can get you in with us catfish guys I perfished the choptank last year and saw some big old crap up there. Maybe we will see you on the tournament trail. Everyway welcome to the site and anything i can do help help out just ask.

7. chesapeakecarper

State:
    Maryland
    Thanks Tim. Carps, cats, whatever...I just love to fish. I just recieved my first issue of Catfish NOW last week and am a new lurker on the ACATS Maryland Chapter Forum. I used to be bank fish only but now with a decent Bay jon and outboard I'm starting to learn more multi species productive areas and techniques. Hope we can cross paths in the future...

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Pat.... Good to see you on the board again... i remember you were on the old one. Was out on the Sass early last year and was watching carp jump but couldn't hook into any at all guess i needed to be out a little further to catch them... heading out around the end of april to go hit up the same spots with my 10ft jon boat... Hopefully i'll see you out on the water at somepoint

9. chesapeakecarper

State:
    Maryland
    Hi Bryan
    Great hearin' from you again. Yes, its nice to be back on this new Board and playing catch-up both on BOC and the water. I always pass over the sasafras on rt 213 at Georgetown heading up/down-bay and will no doubt hit it a couple times this year for whatever is hungry or willing to be fooled;)

Soo much water...soo many big fish...so little time:sad:

10. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    hey fellas, hows it going. i live in north baltimore at the moment but am moving to dundalk in a few weeks. just noticed md had a section on boards figured i drop on in and see whats going on.
    lately ive been fishin the lower patapsco river for the past 2 months this year around the belle grove area and its been producing some real good channel, blues and some decent rock.
    also
    elk neck
    north point
    patuxent
    susquehanna
    bear creek
    various ponds, creeks & rivers all over md

11. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well welcome to the show hope you enjoy it here. Alot of us will be fishing a catfish tournament on the choptank river june 3rd stop on by and fish with us or just come and watch the weigh-in and meet some of the members. Visit the acats tournament forum here or drop me a p,m for more info if you like.

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Mike, Welcome to the board... Like i said in the other post i'd be more then happy to head out and fish with you when ever... I fish mostly the columbia area but do head out to many other places around the area.

13. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    hey bryan, thanks for the welcome. where abouts around columbia do you fish? ive never really tried up around that part of the region. the closest ive fished around there is some ponds, creeks and rivers in jessup and laurel. we fish all over the state, always in search of a new spot thats producing good size. were out basically every friday-saturday day and night, sunday usually just a little day fishin. if you ever want to meet up just drop me a line.

14. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    around columbia, there's centenial but it hasn't produced anything huge for me... heard of 25 lbers coming out but i don't believe the person who told me...

Lake elkhorn has bullheads, which are fun for if you bring a little kid or just want to putz around w/ some 1 and 2 lb bullheads...though i heard from an old schoolmate that people have pulled out 10-15 lbers...

if you go a little bit further down there's the lake set of Tridelphia and Rocky Gorge... you need a special pass to fish them but there are some good channels in there...

Then there's my little hotspot, APL its technically closed at night but if you don't sit right next to the edge of the fence, the security either doesn't see you, or they don't care enough to yell at you... had a 12 a few 8's and some other healthy fish come out of there...

15. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    Tridelphia i totally forgot about that place. i fished there a few times late last year. didnt produce anything for me but frustration and a citation from the DNR for fishing there with out a special lisence, which i didnt know you needed. i think i only pulled 1 or 2 sunnies. i talked to two old timers up there who swear by that spot, when they left they told us to fish were they had been sitting...still nothing. i need to go back.

bull heads are a fun little fish i pulled a few last sunday from wilson point up in essex, good size. that spot produced a 15lb channel last year, and a couple of 2-5lbers, still chasing for another 15 though.
    one of the ponds we fish in jessup occasionally produces bulls and panfish, but theres old buckets of chicken liver and chum up there...so i guess at one time there was good size cat.
    i pulled a nice channel, once, about 3 years ago.

16. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    come out and fish with me some night on Rocky gorge... i have a spot or 2 for night fishing once it warms up the fish come in to the area... its where my PB channel cat came from... and this time i'll have my camera and a scale that goes to more then 12 lbs with me...

17. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    alright, sounds like a deal. im always up for fishing somewhere, especially if its a spot i havent tried already...when the warming begins just keep me posted.
    like wise for you, when ever you want just drop me a line and ill get you out to some of our spots.