How many days fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Feb 18, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Just seeing how many days on avg in a year does everyone fish.

Just sitting here figuring the days I spend in a yr is between 100 to 125 days.

I dont keep a log scared the wife might see it:smile2: but here is how i came to that number.

52 weeks in the yr = 104 weekend days i get 25 days vacation days and 11 hoilday days per yr. this equals 140 days.

I fish about every weekend most time both days i fish about 4 weeks of my vacation days and about 3/4 of the hoilday days.Plus i make mid weeks runs pretty often through out the yr so my guess on days i spend fishing are on the light side i would say.

Dang i need some more days off:smile2::smile2:.

Next up how much $$ I spend on fishing per yr.This is one i wont even mention to the little misses....second thought i dont even want to know.:crazy:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Dont do it!!!!:wink::smile2: Well worth every penny anyways.:cool2:
    I fish as much as I can. It varies alot. When it picks up in my area I try to fish atleast 3 or 4 days a week. I fish here in town alot so its not a big hassle to fish for just an hour or 2. Beats watchin TV.:cool2::smile2:
    I also dont have any kids and have a wife that loves to go so that helps too.:roll_eyes::smile2:
    I didnt get to fish this winter as much as I wanted to but as soon as I get my Dad's boat done that will change.
    I fish as cheap as possible. I catch my own bait and make my own sinkers.
    Besides, the money I spend is WAY cheaper than going to the bar.:wink::cool2::smile2:

3. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I KEEP A LOG, WHAT I CAUGHT OR DIDN'T CATCH. WHERE I FISHED AND THE WEATHER, FISHED 117 DAYS LAST YEAR, I'M WORKING ON MORE THIS YEAR. I GET OUT WITH THE BOAT ON WEEKENDS, AND FISH AROUND WICHITA, ON THE RIVER OR IN SOME OF THE LOCAL LAKES AND PONDS DURING THE WEEK. NO KIDS OR A WIFE LETS ME GO WHEN EVER I WANT :roll_eyes:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I don't keep a log, but I figure last year at about 100 days catfishing, and another 10-15 days that I went down to the creek and caught sunfish for bait. I averaged 3-4 nights a week between early May (when I got my boat) and the end of September. About 10% of my catfishing trips were bank fishing.

I've only fished 5 days so far in 2009, but it's about to pick up big time.

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

twice a week from mid may till mid oct.

6. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I used to brag that I fished 200 days a year. That was when we chummed for channel cats at night every night in the summer at a local lake. I was out 5-6 nights a week between MAy and October. Now I have a job where I only work 4 days but they are 11 hour shifts so I don't go on those 4 days. 2 youngsters and a nagging wife keep me from going as much as I'd like.I probably fish 120 days a year now. If I could get my son to catch the fishing bug I could use him as an excuse to go more often.That is my goal this year.When I was 6 I caught a 36" northern pike all by myself. I'm holding that fish and it's almost as long as I am tall and I've been hooked ever since.I put my kid on the fish he caught 40 channel cats between 2-10 lbs. in 2 1/2 hours and he's ready to go home. When I was a kid you would have to drag me away kicking and screaming at dark if you put me on fish like that.

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Not nearly enough,:embarassed: Probably less than hundred last year. Maybe 150 the year before.

As far as how much I spend,..Lets just say STEAK is cheaper to eat than fish:crazy::smile2:

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I figure about 100 days. 3 weekends a month including Friday night between March and Nov. I have guards one weekend a month. Some weekends I race on Saturday, but I still fish Friday night and Sunday. Every Holiday I am at the lake, and all my vacation days also. Usually at least twice a week I hit the river by the house and bank fish if it isn't 100° out. Longest I have been on my boat fishing without sleeping is 36 hours strait:smile2:

9. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    According to notebook....

104---08'
    136---07'
    89----06'

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jay I have never been awake for 36 hrs in my life let a long on a boat:smile2:
    Either the fish were bitting like crazy or you were on drugs!!!! :crazy::smile2:

Its sound like for most of us that work or getting old like me can a least get a fair amout of time on the water each yr....Poor fish they dont have a chance with us on their as!! all yr..:smile2:

I think i will keep a log this yr and see what it really adds up to.

11. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    hmm. never kept track. gonna be about everyweekend this summer though.

12. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Still aint figured out what girls are for eh. :wink::smile2:

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    not as much last year vs the year before. 07 was great for me & Lucky. our longest streak was 4 mos every day. needless to say, i didnt get much work done :roll_eyes:. its hard to keep workin when i traveled with all my gear and passed so many fishin spots goin from topeka to lawrence to leavenworth then to KC everyday. whats a fella to do :wink:

14. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Well i try to go at least 3 nights a week and almost every weekend if the dont wife complain:roll_eyes: and $ well lets just say alot but still not near what my wife spends shopping:crazy:

15. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Years ago almost lived on the river but along came kids and slowed me down.Now that kids are old enough to do what I do and I'm retired I'll do a lot more.Matter of fact I can fish while they're in school.

16. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I was going almost every day at one time, but imma fish bout 2 to 3 times a week

17. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Probably 50 to 75 for me. I'd love to fish every weekend, but we have a Pecan Orchard that takes a lot of my time on the weekends from spring to fall and I work an extra job on Wednesday and Saturday nights. I'd like for the magic number to be around 100.

18. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Well, I guess I'm the lightwieght here for once. I went out 32 times last
    year total. Most of the time I didn't catch much either. I brought home
    14 fish the best of which was a channel cat around 8-9 lbs. 3 of those
    fish were drum, 2 wipers, 2 carp, and the rest channel cats. No flatheads
    or blues were kept. Released every largemouth bass. Didn't count bluegill
    or crappie but there probably weren't a dozen that I didn't use for bait.
    No bullheads. Just fishing in the wrong places I guess and mostly alone.
    Didn't catch anything at the gatherings probably because I was running
    my mouth too much or watching Ashley parade around her latest big
    fish. Didn't seem to mind her catching big fish at all...

19. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    haha thems one of the reasons i didng get much fishing on friday and saterday nights this past summer...did spend alot of time by a sandpit but it wasent fishing!:wink:

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    are the pages stuck together now after all them times at the sandpit ?? :smile2::smile2: