How many bucks are you allowed"

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathead willie, Nov 16, 2009.

How many Buck are you allowed in your state?

1. 1 Buck

2. 2 Bucks

3. 3 Bucks

4. More than 3 Bucks

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Here in Virginia we can take three bucks. With bonus tags, we can pretty much take all the does we want. They just started a "Earn a Buck Program" here where you have to tag a doe before you can shot a second buck.

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its kinda weird. You are allowed one only 1 for rifle or or muzzleloader combined. You are allowed 1 with bow before rifle season and 1 with bow after. So you can take 3 in MO. But 2 have to be by bow. And its spread out

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    In the fine state of Misery, my bad,,,,Missouri:tounge_out: ! buck your toast. In my county 1 buck 1 doe,,,seasons over. Thats with firearms, Archery is 1 buck and all the nannys ya wanna buy tags for at 7$.

4. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Here in Ohio I can shoot a total of 10 deer using various tags but only 1 can be a buck.

5. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    We get 6 deer tags, one bear tag, and 3 turkey tags with the basic license, ($18.00 for big game + $18.00 for state hunting license). Then, for $12.50, you get 6 more bonus tags for does. You can buy all the bonus tags you want. We also need an Archery license if you bow hunt, $18.00, and $18 for a muzzle loader license. You can get a lifetime non-resident license for $505.00 or a non- resident 1 year hunting/big game for $152.00.

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am over in Gasconade county but hunt franklin-- where ya @?

7. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Reg hunting lic. is $19, reg deer tag good for buck or doe either 1 is $24, doe tag $15, but has to be used in most of the state before gun season starts, and urban tags are $15 and are restricted where used. After gun season you have to use the $24 tags or urban permits for all deer.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  8. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    What does the $505 lifetime license allow you to hunt each year?

9. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    here in ga. you're allowed 2 bucks 1 of which has to have 4 points on 1 side,the other any size.and i think 10 does,and i think you can take does on your buck tags,i'm not sure.i did'nt buy them this year.

10. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    in KY you are allowed one and only one so you have to pick your buck properly. however if it is a button buck or the antler is less than 3 inches you are allowed to tag it as a doe. as far as does are concerned i think you are allowed as many as you like if you buy more tags after your first 2

11. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    When I first started deer hunting, 1975, I was hunting in Paulding Co. and Clayton Co. Georgia. There were a lot of deer but I didn't know chit about deer hunting then. The only deer I ever killed there, an 8 pointer, some good ole boys stole from me while I was looking for it. All I found was the gut pile at the end of a blood trail! LOL.

12. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    the biggest bucks these days comes from right in the shadows of atlanta,fulton&decalb counties.theres some gooduns if you got the money to hunt them.

13. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Oh, one nice touch I forgot to mention; land owners, tenants, and workers on the land here don't have to have a license. That came in handy when I lived on a farm.

14. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Landowners here too but they do have to follow the same laws and make their own tag to check the deer in.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Billie,Here in New Mexico,One buck ,Does are not allowed. And there are archery,mL and modern firearm seasons,You must choose only one season,and each season is divided into several 3-5 day hunts except archery 7 days ,Then you must choose your hunt,and on top of this ,you cant hunt any other deer hunts except the one you choose.:sad2:If you want to see tag prices look at the State Agencies Sticky in the New Mexico forums,You might be shocked.

16. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    in kansas you can only shoot one, and if you draw an either species tag and shoot a muley you cant shoot a whitetail buck. then you can get 5 whitetail doe and one either species doe tag.

17. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    What he said,lol.
    we can shoot as many does as we want in most parts of missouri.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  18. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I would move,lol.i like to hunt when i want,where i want and whatever season i want,gun and bow.And ofcourse only durring season.

19. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    In Iowa you can get a any sex bow and any other any sex gun. However, you can only get one any sex gun for all the seasons. Antlerless (which includes spikes and button bucks) are pretty much limitless. So thats two for the average hunter, however landowners can get more than two, but since I'm not one, I'm not sure just how many land owners they can get.

20. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Do you guys have to pay extra for bear and turkey tags?