How Many Bream?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brian73, Nov 25, 2009.

1. brian73

brian73 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    How many bream would you take for a full day of fishing? Lets say you were going to be using them both live and cut up. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.

Brian

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian gather all that your bait tank can keep alive. You can always release what you don't use. Happy Thanksgiving.[/B]

3. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    I take about 2 dozen. Thats about as many my bait cooler holds comfortably, with keeping alive for a night with regular water changes.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. brian73

brian73 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Do you guys ever used frozen bream to make cut bait?

Brian

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i use froze bream more than any thing works for me

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I like about 25 on me for a nights fishing.I take as many as I can grab though,like stated earlier,you can always throw the extras back.I,ve used frozen gills before,usually as a last resort.I,ve had so-so results with them at best.If my brother knows where I,m gonna be fishing,I take an extra dozen cause he will mooch at least that many.:wink:

7. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    I usually take around 30 or so, but I am usually the bait supplier for everyone that goes with me. I do freeze some and either use them whole or cut them in half and use the heads.

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I don,t start out intending to be the main bait supplier,don,t know how the hell it ends up that way some nights!:roll_eyes::smile2:.

9. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    10 or 12 gills with other bait fish like small carp, a few creek chubs/minners and some live shad.

10. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    I usually get a phone call that starts off, "I couldn't catch any bait today"
    so I usually have to detour on the way to the river for more bait.:sad2::roll_eyes::smile2: But it's all good, as long as we get to fish and have a good time.

11. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    take as many as i can get a hold of.Plus if thats not enough i'll usaually get 3 or 4 pounds of goldfish(30 to 45 goldfish per pound).

12. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think 8 Live Gills and 6 Cut ones are good for a full day of fishing. I use Gills more than anything and as the live ones die you can cut them up to so you never run out.

13. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Around 10.

14. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    I usually like 8 to 10. Most of the time my son is catching bluegill or sunfish while waiting for the cats. He's full of energy and I'm not:wink:. My thoughts are to not take as many as needed.

15. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i take about a dozen.

16. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia