How many BOC members have High Speed Internet?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by don3778, Aug 22, 2008.

1. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Do you have high speed or are you still hung with dial up?

don3778

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Ive been using road runner high speed for a long time now. I wont go back to dial up unless I have to. I was thinking about replacing my cable internet with the sprint internet anywhere card.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have BellSouth lite speed, can not watch video's without it stopping every several seconds. On fixed income and can not afford high speed. Maybe in my next life, I will save enough up so I can enjoy high speed when I get older.

4. mistynadam

mistynadam New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have high speed thru the cable company....I used to have dsl and actually liked it much better but no longer have a landline phone. I don't think I could go back to dial up, lol

5. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    High speed with Embarq

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Okay, I'm the poor broke dinosaur. I only have dial up. It's the cheapest thing out there. Besides, I'm saving up for one those fancy boats!!! NOTTTT!!!!:wink::big_smile:

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have a wireless high speed modem, from Centurytel Phone company, we have 3 computer in my home all work from one modem.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've had Cablelynx since 2000. Before that was s-l-o-w dialup.
    Also use a cable phone.
    The modem supples our house phones and wireless router.

Attached Files:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I use roadrunner from time warner, before that dddiiiiaaaallllluuuuupppp

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    DSL with the phone company who also does our cable, pretty nice it's all on the same bill-- cable phone and DSL

I have mine and John's computers on our network through our router so we can share all our files and printer no matter what computer you are on.

11. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    This is the reason I was asking this question, to see how many people are not able to view the videos that are posted here.

Thanks for your replys.

don3778

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Don't feel alone, Deb. I have dial up, too. The videos take too long to view, for me. Just don't have the patience anymore. :crazy:

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Comcast Cable here. :smile2:

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    For those of you on dial up, how much are you spending. I get my Cable/Phone/Internet with the same company and I get 3MB download and 1 MB upload for about 25 per month. When I was on dialup I was paying about the same price (maybe 5 bucks cheaper).

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have Verizon DSL. I can view the Commandos videos but the glare is rough on the eyes.:smile2:

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    You got a great price!
    Same here about all three with same company, Cable internet (9000 down, 250 up) is $45.
    We don't have but one cable company so they can charge what they like. Out in TX where we lived had 2 cable companies and the prices are lower.

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Got Hughes Net for about 2-3 months and so far I love It. Only thing is when it storms but then I shut everything down anyway,Don't take it long tocome back up. HATE DIAL UP!!

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Wide open West is the company Dayton, I pay about $118 for Cable (DVR and Digital for 2 TVs), Phone with just about every option available (it a part of the package) and Internet like I described before.

19. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    We have the turtle PeoplePC dialup. If we try to view the videos on the board we would be timed out before it loaded so we just have to guess what is going on. We are supposed to get highspeed here in about 5 years but I will probably be dead by then.

20. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I get highspeed 2.0 with Insight Communications.Bill runs me about 130 with the DVR and tv hookups.Pay 34 a month for Vonage I can call anyone anywhere in the US no more long distance bill.