How many Arkansas members going to the National Gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Mar 2, 2006.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to know how many members from Arkansas, have made plans to make the National Gathering? I think this will be a very good experience for all of us. I had to cancel a couple gathering to have money for this gathering. National Gathering! Can you imagine all the new member we can meet!!:) :)

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas

3. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Me and my brother-in-law are planning on going. Hopefully everything will go as planned. This will be the first gathering I have gone to so it should be a great experience.

Joe

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Catter, thanks for the reply, we have several members from around your area, 3-rivers is from tupelo,Arkansas. Lngbo, from Truman,Arkansas Tinboat from Jonesboro. crane from Paragoul

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Very cool Top, if yall ever get over this way give me a shout. (or if ya see my truck at the river with BoC sticker on back glass)

I usually put in here at Osceola but sometimes we put in at Blytheville then float down here. Lotta good holes out there for sure.

Joe

6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Sounds like a winner to me too. Will try and get bro in law to come also. He enjoys catfishing as much as I do. We try and hit the water down below Toadsuck at least once a year, maybe more if he can get the time off from work.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The National Gathering will be in September. The location will be at Ken lake state park in Kentucky.:) :)

8. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Top:

I am going for sure unless something really bad keeps me from it. Somebody has to be there to keep an eye on YOU. LOL I can't wait!!!!

Gene

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Sounds like a Hillbilly wagon train! Just kiddin :) I hope to be there but not making any promises until closer to time. Mac

10. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    How do yall decide where to camp/stay at gatherings? Is it just wherever you can, old friends, or maybe by state? Seeing as i'm a greenhorn at these things I was just wondering how hard it would be to find people from your area at a gathering this size.

Joe

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    At smaller gatherings we useually get to choose our site. This one may be different because of the sheer number or people that may be there. catter, at the local gatherings most members that attend are already from that state and the ones that come out of state are usually asked if they have a preferance on a site. As time get closer paul and the Mods will post asking who will attend, at this time they will find out if you gonna bring a guest, bring a boat, or can you bring some kind of food for the cook-out. You must remember,the park only gives you a place to camp/park. You must be able to provide drinks, spoons, forks, plates, cups, salt&pepper, all of thest things must be provided by the members. What will happen the list will be posted and you post to them[ one of the mods] telling him what you can bring such as plastic spoons or cups. I hope this helps!! Arkansas is having a gathering in June, see the gathering section under central Arkansas gathering. Let me know if you need more info.

12. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I am from marion Arkansas and right now plan on going, have asked the wife to go and she is wondering what she can do, she does not fish and does not go out in boats. give me some help her guys, is there anything for a non fishing person to do there.

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My wife does not fish also, She is going because this means so much to me,I am disabled and can not drive for long because my feet go numb. She has to do most of my driving. We have had several members to ask what can the non-fisher wives do? I hope the wives can get together and go on some tours.

14. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Thanks for the information Top, i'n not sure if I can make both gatherings or not but i'm shooting for the National one for sure.

A bit off topic but i've been looking for some goodies for my truck and ran across something called a "bed banner". Its a flag of sorts that covers the bed attaching at the stake holes. They come in college team logos now but it would be great to have something like this with the BoC logo on it and maybe the members name accross the bottom or something. There are several company's out there that will make these to order for a reasonable price. Even a smaller version could be made for the antenna that we could fly at events and such.

Just a thought,

Joe

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Joe, The B.O.C. logo is under trade mark restrictions. To use the logo one must get an ok from Paul[B.O.C.] founder. If to many companies make products for the B.O.C. than anyone can buy the product. E-mail Paul asking him to push the small B.O.C. frag for the boats, trucks radio antennas and so on.

Buy-the-way, my money is tight also. I may not make that local gathering. I need the money for the National Gathering.

16. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Yea, I was'nt thinkin of havin it done myself but maybe for BoC to have it done. I think it would be great if anyone could buy the products with BoC on it. It would be some really great advertising for the site. I'll send Paul an email about the flags, I know i'd get one for sure, I just don't think I could keep from flying it all the time tho. lol

Joe

17. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    I am going to try to be there unless something happens to leep me from it.

18. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Funny that you mention wagon train here Mac. I've had family from the Kenlake area (Hickory, Murray, Mayfield) that migrated from Kentucky to Arkansas with a wagon train back in the 1800's.

19. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I am going to try to make it also. But never no telling,will know more when it gets closer!

20. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I was thinking about it, but if Gene`s going then....NO!!