HOW LOW WILL SOME PEOPLE GO!!!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Kalvinc, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    I headed out to the dam on the river in Dardanelle sometime around noon. Caught some bait and started fishing. Caught 2 cats, 1 gar, and like 27 drum. It was getting dark so I headed up next to the dam. When I got there some guy was leaving and he gave me 10 or so fish and another lady gave me like 6 of her "small" ones or she was just gonna throw them back. At around 10pm I was the only one there and then 2 guys showed up around like age 21ish. They were snagging while I was only managing to catch like 15 more drum. We fished/talked for the next 2 hours until like midnight. They stopped running water so I was done but they were using my pliers so I just drug the cats to the truck. It is a really really long freaking walk when your dragging 70+ pounds of fish after being in the sun for 8 hours. On my way back to the dam to get my rod/reels and ice chest they were on the way to their truck. They were like "hey we put your pliers in your bag and you can have them 2 cats we got." I was like "alright thanks guys cya later." When I managed to get back to my truck all those catfish were gone. If they had just asked I would have given them away because I didnt feel like cleaning them but I didnt want them to go to waste either. And they left me 1 fish....the smallest one, their sense of humor I guess? Also my 5 dollar stringer....its freaking ridiculous... Sorry I just had to rant about the lowlife scum out there....How low do you have to be to steal fish out of someones freaking truck?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I'd say be thankful you still got your rods. I don't think I woulda been that lucky. Sorry bout the fish though, some peeps steal anything:embarassed:

3. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    They would have had to pass me with the rods though, but still.....jeeze

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    first of welcome to the boc kalvin--right now with what is going on the us with jobloses and people collecting unemployment yes there are people that would steall from anyone and pawn anything off for then money yes there people that low

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    You will find them everywhere, It is a hard thing for me to trust anyone unless I've known em awhile. I can spot a scumbag a mile off and steer clear. Always be mindful of your surroundings and your stuff, your lucky that your fish is all they got. be careful out there. Just because they are fishing dont make em good people. Sad, but true.

6. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    I guess that's true Mac...I guess I kind of usually assume that most people who are fishing are decent enough. Learnt my lesson though.

7. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    welcome to the boc, lol i was thinkin the same thing brian was when reading that, that those guys snagged ur rods and tackle lol crap take my fish theres always more out there but dont steal my gear :smile2: i think u got lucky on that deal.

8. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    And the messed up part about it is they probably didn't keep all of the ill begotten fish. Personally , I'd have been out for blood after putting in all of the sweat and manpower of procuring all those fish. Another thing I try to do when fishing solo at night is park my car within eyeshot. Some spots geographic layout allow me to pull up to the water's edge. Others opt for more distance , but I keep a keen eye for any BS waiting in the wings and people creeping up just to 'fish'.:angry:!!

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I say it was a blessing if they were all small!!!!!! why do people string fish up with no intentions on keeping them!!!!!:angry::angry: IMO they are novice fisherman that tie up every fish they catch just to show them off to any person to cross the path.......witch in IMO= DUMBA$$.....sorry your fish got ganked but did you really want to clean them in the first place?????
    Cause it didnt sound like it in your post.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'd say you were lucky that is all that happened. Welcome to the BOC. Bet they wer'nt BOC members!!

11. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome to the BOC, i would like to trust everyone but i guess ya just cant do that anymore and things are getting worse i think

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I hate a thief, If they are hungry just ask me,I would give them the fish,do not steal from me. I am sure it was NOT a B.O.C. member!

13. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Same as most, I hate a thief! Had our home broken into twice (2 different houses) and am sympathetic to anyone that has to deal with any kind of theft.

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Kalvin. In this day an age it's just hard to tell what we'll come up against/. Some have no morals at all that's been proven time an again. Thanks for the story an sorry to hear what happened to you.

15. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    Sorry I suppose I should have specified what their version of "small" is. 3-7lbs To me that is freaking big...And they guy was snagging them so I don't know if that is safe to return them to the water with all those huge holes in them? But if he wasn't going to keep them I don't know why he was snagging in the first place. I will be keeping a sharp lookout for their truck in the future though... And yes I'm sure it wasn't a BOC member lol

16. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    i would like to think they were hungry and were too proud to ask for help and will look up your truck when they get back on there feet and drop you off a reel or some tackle with a heart felt thank you note !!!! but i am an optimist!!

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Brotherhood. Yes they were low life. Look at this from a different. You were not harmed, you still have all your equipment and a lesson learned. You can fish another day. They will have to live with what they have done. You can sleep at night.

18. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Please do not allow these folks to spoil you and your ways because if ya start to dis-trust the good guy they win.:eek:oooh:
    economy good...Economy bad........
    Job or jobless, there is always going to be a small amount of folks that are not good :confused2:people. I like to call these types takers. These are the type that actually think that they are more special than us normal hard working folks...But in reality they very same people tend to be the ones that are the worst. they take and never give back, they think it is owed to them because_____________
    there is always going to be these types.....
    I :wink:REFUSE to allow this type of person change me and make me dis-trust every soul i meet. because as i said before I WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO CHANGE my beliefs! NA! There! BAD FOLKS!!! LOL
    Since I believe in my heart what goes around comes around this act will not go on without its reward.........
    I call it double time. Ya do something wrong ya might not even know it when it happens but it will come back on ya double time.
    They will get thier's.........

19. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    I think you put that very nicely lol

20. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    These two thieves were still just punks, and may be punks for a long time like many others I've run into much older than 21. But fisherman, I don't think so. Fishing takes skill, patience and most of all,time. I would venture to say that most snaggers are short on all three of these. Therefore,they shortcut them all and SNAG. No respect for the fish they trash, cripple or kill. The only thing they have in common with fishermen is a pole.:smile2: It is a sub-culture of our beloved sport. You gave them the opportunity to really shortcut the whole process, and they did. Hunger is another matter altogether, and I guess if that was the case, you should feel great that you fed some of the dirt poor local punks.:confused2: Another classic case of easy come, easy go!:sad2: All in all, I think you used up all your good luck on a trip you will always remember, for sure.:wink: