How long to change lure?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Gibbzilla, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    How many minutes or hours or whatever do all of y'all wait before you switch lures for largemouths when the temperture is bout 70 degrees?

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Me personnaly, there is really no time limit. I will work a piece of structure with one bait, then try another bait. I may use 4-5 baits on one structure, depending on how successful I feel the area may be. For example, last weekend, I fished this deadfall log for almost 10 minutes, spinnerbait, then crankbait, then I threw a gulp cherry colored worm, bam, 6lb, 4oz bass. Small in comparison to cats, but fun just the same.:big_smile:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Ditto, what Brian said. Work the cover and when you have exhausted every bit of it, you can either change lures or change your position. Don't forget to wiggle your mouth around, too.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian lures are tools. Some lures workone day and not the next. There is no set time limit. As stated fish a structure with several baits and the fish will relate to the lure or action it prefers. Once you know the prefered bait then try it in several other areas. Time on the water and reading good bass magazines will teach you the correct tool to use for the job. It takes time. You might want to join a local bass club and learn how and what they use to catch the Bass. Good Luck.:lol: :big_smile:

5. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    If your fishin alone have two or three rods and switch up have them handy if you have a buddy in the back seat have him rigged differet than you . once you stast geting fish on one bait try other colors of that one

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I usually carry two rods when bass fishing.... one with a spinner or crank bait, one with a worm. I throw them and change, throw and change. May not be the best fisherman in the world, but my friends tell me I'm above second place. LOL

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey don,t for get to spit on them lures:tounge_out: