How long for corn to sour?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by BAMA_CAT, Jun 6, 2007.

1. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    its around 90 here now and i was wanting to know about how long it will take in this heat? Would like to try it this weekend Thanks for any INFO!!!!

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have done it 2 different ways. one is to leave it soaking in a drum outside for 3-5 days(prolly 3 with this heat). but the way i like to do it is to put it in a croaker sack and leave it tied on a limb line 3/4 covered with water, then come back in a few days sink it and start fishing. i bet there is info. in the library section of the boc that is a lot better than mine though. hope it helps.

j.d.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chad you can speed the process by adding brewers yeast or a can of beer. I cover my scratch with water and mix some beer and place in sun, Big batches takes abou a week. But you have to keep water added to cover grain.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man, call me stupid but what in the heck are you guys talking about??? Are you going to eat the stuff?

5. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    NO!!!!!!! LOL Its for CHUM!

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I thought you were wondering how long you can soak corn on the cob in water before you grill it without it becoming sour. :lol: Chum huh, can't say I've ever heard of that. Does it work well?

7. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    It works well some of the other guys can tell you more about it. I just remember my granddad did it and i am going to give it a try!!!!!

8. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I put mine in 5 gal. buckets.I mix half a bucket of corn and enough water to cover it.I put a lid on the bucket,but I take the rubber seal out of it(cause I don't want it to blow up)lol.To make it a little more gaimy I add some grain to it.After about 2 to 3 weeks in the sun it should gag a maggot off a gut wagon.