How long does the spawn last?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BajaCoop, Jun 11, 2007.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    This is the first year I have ever really fished for catfish and I am curious as to how long the spawn typically lasts around our neck of the woods. When can we expect the fish to go back to a somewhat normal schedule?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    We can't set a time limit on the spawn, LOL!!! I figure when they get done it will be over, LMAO!!!
    J/K
    It usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    The rule of thumb goes like so:

If it's June or July and you're not catching any fish, blame it on the spawn. When you finally start catching fish again, the spawn is over. Unless you have another dry spell, in which case, the spawn wasn't really over in the first place and you can revert to blaming your bad luck on the spawn, even if the dry spell lasts till mid-November... :eek:oooh:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now that is the best explanation ever!! Never were wiser words spoken.

5. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    One oof the reasons I am wondering is I am planning on going on a guided trip on the Mississippi down by memphis the second weekend in July and I am wondering if the spawn will be over and if the fishing will be any good. I would hate to spend the money on a trip and have it be at a bad time to fish.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Any guide worth his salt would make it up to you if you were skunked on one of his trips, Of course this is JMO!!! It is their job to put you on fish, not just take you riding in a boat, Especialy at the prices they charge!!!

7. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    wow mods nuked that.

Guess just mentioning the name of a business or product that is not a sponsor regardless of whether that sponsor could offer their services for the case being discussed is frowned upon.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    They have been doing alot of that lately. Sorry my post got whacked, but I think you get the idea. :smile2:

9. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    When I originally asked about a guide service and the post got nuked I asked why and they gave me the line about some of the sponsors are guides. I thought ok that is fine, so I looked at the sponsor list and the only guides I could find were in Virginia and the UK. That made me a bit mad that the post got killed when what I was asking for could not be fulfilled by a sponsor. If they are gonna kill that thread then I guess they should kill every post that talks about and bait, hooks, rods, or reels since there are sponsors for that. Which means then we really can't talk about any fishing related info on the site.

10. allen62

allen62 New Member

State:
    Malden,MO
    I recently moved to Malden Missouri. I really dont have a clue where to fish at around here. Lookeing for someone to kinda show me the rope on the Mississippi. I seen there wqas a couple of memeber on here that lived around Sikeston and New Madrid. I would love to hook up wiht 1 of you for a good time of fishing. Please feel free to contact me. I will b more the happy to pay. Thank You Allen Robertson

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Yep! What Marty said!!!! 100%:0a27: